PDA

View Full Version : Do not buy from wishbear or raceline usa!!!

lbk02si
09-05-2010, 02:45 PM
So, this thread has been a long time coming. I purchased a K20z1 motor from member "wishbear" , whom aparently works for Raceline USA, about a year ago. I was sent pictures, we agreed on a price, and I was told the motor was inspected and there wasn't any damage to the motor. I received the motor with a few broken brackets/sensors etc, no big deal. Then we put the motor in and I had really high engine knocks that you could really hear coming from the valve train. So we pulled the valve cover off and found a broken lost most assembly, with all the unbroken springs being bent, and requiring replacement of all of them. I contacted this "wishbear" member several times and had hell getting him to reply to my emails or private messages. I finally got fed up with him and disputed the transaction with PayPal and he finally responded to me. At this point I let him know that I was done dealing with him and wanted to speak with his boss at Raceline, which I was told wasn't possible because he was in Japan or something. When I was finally able to speak with his boss (sorry, don't remember his name) I let him know my extreme displeasure with the customer service I'd received from "wishbear" and the condition of the motor. The owner of Raceline then told me that he was completely unaware of the situation or the sale that he'd not been told of any of this and seemed very pissed off at wishbear. I told him that I was told that the motor was taken apart and had a basic inspection done, which was OBVIOUSLY not done because you would have plainly seen the broken spring by taking the valve cover off. I was on a tight time deadline for the swap and because of this my schedule was blown, and really inconveniencing me with my job. I went back and forth with the guy from Raceline about the damaged motor, and told him everytime that i just wanted to be reimbursed for the parts i had to replace myself. He finally agreed, and did reimburse me.

Fast forward to current date. I have my car at Jotech Motorsports for a bunch of work, including a Full Race turbo kit installation. Before installing the kit, they bore scoped the motor and found pretty bad scoring on the cylinder walls, requiring re-sleeving of the motor and a rebuild of the block. I let "wishbear" know of this, and let him know that the motor he sent me is costing me A LOT of money and what did he have to say about this. I'll add at this point, that as pissed of as I was, I handled this with as much respect and professionalism and I possibly could. Now, I know you are probably thinking that I did the damage, but I am convinced that the damage was done when I received the motor because since receiving the motor a year ago I have probably only put 1000-2000 miles on the car. See I work out of state and rarely drive my car, and I take care of it very good and don't beat on it. Once again, "wishbear" always seemed to take forever answering me. He tried to blame Kenny Tran who tuned my car, saying it was probably a bad tune, that maybe he was inexperienced... LOL... I finally got sick of dealing with him again, and requested to speak with his boss, which he completely ignored. I tried contacting raceline usa and literally never got anyone to answer the phone.

Before posting this thread I gave him one more opportunity to professionally deal with me about this matter. I let him know that if he kept ignoring my emails that I would be posting this thread about how bad his customer service and his products are to hopefully save anyone else on here the trouble of dealing with him. I have saved all the emails from the time of the motor purchase in case he tries his typical uneducated bs that he's tried pulling with me.

Anyways, just a warning to all other ephatch'ers DO NOT BUY FROM WISHBEAR OR RACELINE USA!!!!

REBUILT CIVIC
09-05-2010, 05:17 PM
wow, u should of just returned the motor

PatrickJamesYu
09-05-2010, 06:22 PM
So currently your vtak goes
mmbbclankticktickknockkclankkkk pop?

anyways, sorry to hear dude
plan on filing a claim or nahh?

02TWSI
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Wow good luck. Hope everything gets straightened out.

Tnhatch03
09-05-2010, 08:20 PM
sorry to hear about this man...

i do agree with the valevtrain and they did do what they could to help.

however, the scoring could have happened before you received the motor, but it is hard to tell. maybe wishbear will chime in...

eurosteez
09-05-2010, 08:26 PM

lol but this is not a time for jokes....shittty nightmare story....sorry to hear. Can paypal do anything?

PatrickJamesYu
09-05-2010, 08:31 PM
lol but this is not a time for jokes....shittty nightmare story....sorry to hear. Can paypal do anything?

I knoww I'm sorry
that was a dick move

But yeah maybe PayPal can do something
PayPal is pretty good with customer service as long as it falls within their policies.

update us as soon as something comes up

Windchaser
09-05-2010, 08:43 PM
So wait . . . you waited a whole year?! Why didn't you do a complete tear down? If I saw that shit was broken in just the head area, then I would definitely do the tear down simply because you can no longer make assumptions. Inspections should be done both ways: from the seller and the buyer! You can't just trust someone you have never met. It's like buying a non newly built house . . . hirer a damn inspector!!!

I am truly sorry to hear about your situation; in fact, I have been in a similar situation with another shop from k20a.org, which I cannot name. I sympathize with you, but you can no longer expect the seller to do anything after such a long period of time unless it's on warranty. He is a "bitch" for selling you a f#$ked up motor and you are an idiot for not checking.

I hope things turn out better for you.

lbk02si
09-06-2010, 10:19 AM
So wait . . . you waited a whole year?! Why didn't you do a complete tear down? If I saw that shit was broken in just the head area, then I would definitely do the tear down simply because you can no longer make assumptions. Inspections should be done both ways: from the seller and the buyer! You can't just trust someone you have never met. It's like buying a non newly built house . . . hirer a damn inspector!!!

I am truly sorry to hear about your situation; in fact, I have been in a similar situation with another shop from k20a.org, which I cannot name. I sympathize with you, but you can no longer expect the seller to do anything after such a long period of time unless it's on warranty. He is a "bitch" for selling you a f#$ked up motor and you are an idiot for not checking.

I see what you are saying, but easy on the idiot comments! Nobody knows everything, and yes we should have done it but we didn't think about it

Thhe reason a year went by was bc I was saving up money for the turbo and other things. The lma's were replaced immediately

lbk02si
09-06-2010, 10:21 AM

anyways, sorry to hear dude
plan on filing a claim or nahh?

Haha yea sounded just like that! Lol

Probably won't file a claim bc it's been a year

EP3Casas
09-06-2010, 11:47 AM
post emails and pm's.

goodluck

lbk02si
09-06-2010, 03:46 PM
post emails and pm's.

goodluck

I don't think you understand how many emails I have.

EP3Casas
09-07-2010, 07:53 AM
I don't think you understand how many emails I have.

trust me man ive seen quite a bit of emails.

post to show how many attempts uve really made and to show wat a douche he is. i want scammers to be put on blast to the fullest

POOPTOOTH
09-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Man talk about a shitty situation. In that case a little "face to face" negotiations might work, where emails and PM's have failed. But thats just me.

At least now your horribly low numbers in your sig make a little more sense.

kenscivic
09-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Man talk about a shitty situation. In that case a little "face to face" negotiations might work, where emails and PM's have failed. But thats just me.

At least now your horribly low numbers in your sig make a little more sense.

They do not look that far off honestly..

lbk02si
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
trust me man ive seen quite a bit of emails.

post to show how many attempts uve really made and to show wat a douche he is. i want scammers to be put on blast to the fullest

Ok, i'll post them up, let me get a little time and I will. I've got a busy/stressful week at work ahead and I need to concentrate on that. I'll do my best to post all of them this weekend.

POOPTOOTH
09-07-2010, 10:03 PM
They do not look that far off honestly..

...For a bolt on/tuned a3...

kenscivic
09-08-2010, 05:44 PM
...For a bolt on/tuned a3...

with a dyno operator that is a retard and has it set for ricer numbers... I have NEVER EVER seen a bolt on a3 hit 18x whp.. The MOST I have seen before cams is mid 160s...

username011
09-08-2010, 05:56 PM
wow and wishbear and raceline havent replied in this thread, that is just going to make them look a lot less credible since they dont seam to care what we say about them or what people think.

Its always nice to hear both sides but if the other side doesnt want to talk than we know who to listen to.

lbk02si
09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
wow and wishbear and raceline havent replied in this thread, that is just going to make them look a lot less credible since they dont seam to care what we say about them or what people think.

Its always nice to hear both sides but if the other side doesnt want to talk than we know who to listen to.

I agree.

STP03BlueSI
09-08-2010, 07:39 PM

Highly doubt they will.

ep3colin
09-08-2010, 07:50 PM
i dont think they are gonna come in unless they have proof to redeem themselves, which if they did they would haved already chimed in

shanewdude
09-09-2010, 03:17 AM

Wishbear hasn't been online since this thread started. I can't find a member "raceline" and we don't have a vendor called Raceline USA, so I'm not sure who we think will respond to speak for them.

username011
09-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Ive been in threads where company reps signed up to a forum JUST to reply to threads that are just like this one..now THATS customer service!

Shops like raceline need positive reviews from sites like this.. who would buy their engines if ephatch,club rsx.com and honda tech.com etc didnt support them??

ImportCustomx
09-09-2010, 08:55 AM
personally i am shying away from buying a motor after hearing a story like this.

lbk02si
09-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Wishbear hasn't been online since this thread started. I can't find a member "raceline" and we don't have a vendor called Raceline USA, so I'm not sure who we think will respond to speak for them.

yea i never said Raceline USA was a vendor on here. But I did tell Wishbear in an email that if he doesn't respond I would post this thread.

lbk02si
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
personally i am shying away from buying a motor after hearing a story like this.

don't be scared, just learn from my mistakes. get as much of a gaurantee as you can before purchasing, then let them know that if you find any damage when you get the motor you will be sending it back. when you get the motor tear it down and inspect it.

kenscivic
09-09-2010, 10:39 AM
don't be scared, just learn from my mistakes. get as much of a gaurantee as you can before purchasing, then let them know that if you find any damage when you get the motor you will be sending it back. when you get the motor tear it down and inspect it.

It's cheaper to buy a gasket kit and take apart the motor when you get it than to go through what you have.. Anytime you buy a used motor you should go through it (I also learned this the hard way)

lbk02si
09-09-2010, 11:32 AM
It's cheaper to buy a gasket kit and take apart the motor when you get it than to go through what you have.. Anytime you buy a used motor you should go through it (I also learned this the hard way)

btw, you post count is now 666.......

EP3Casas
09-09-2010, 12:10 PM
mark of the beast

Heitzke
09-09-2010, 12:48 PM

I'm with Jerry here. Maybe not calling you an idiot, but some precautions do need to be taken on both sides.

I bought a presumably good and low mileage K24A1 a while back, and tore it down immediately after purchase to find TERRIBLE scoring in cyl #3. Luckily in my case, the shop owned up and I received another motor in trade.

I'm also with Mr. Poopytooth and the low looking #'s being from pre-existing internal damages. I know the dyno is a tuning tool, yada yada yada, but still.