PDA

View Full Version : Business Opertunity

hacim
12-11-2002, 05:15 PM
This is for anyone out there that would like to put some funding behind a business that I have in mind. This is a rare opurtunity and it will have a great return so here it goes.

I reside in El Paso county that is about 1 million strong. There is four military insatlations in our county and several car clubs. I see atleast 5 cars that are modded every day on my way to or from work and I only live 4 miles from my job. That gives you an idea of how many tuners there are in this town.

The business would be a performance/dyno shop. I have a great location set up, a master Honda mechanic that has been working on Hondas for 23 years and the closest dyno to us is an hour and a half away. I always see posts on the local street racing forum getting groups of 15 to 20 people together every month to make the trip to Denver. Those are the only ones that are willing to take the drive.

Sell performance parts and dyno the cars. There is a huge market in this town and if you would like to see for yourselgf visit www.costreetracing.com and click on the colorado springs forum. It would be a great investment. Post if you are interested and if not I will try this venture on my own.

Thanks,
Micah R. Mercil

BarRoomHero
12-19-2002, 01:30 AM
What kind of Start-Up money are you talking about ? . Where is the location ?

kenis138
12-19-2002, 07:53 AM
Not trying to be an a'hole, but your idea may come off as more professional and appealing if "opportunity" was spelled correctly. If you are serious about this, you should put together some documentation that you can send to people, eg a business plan or some pro forma financials. Im not trying to come off as a know it all, but I have a substantial entrepreneurial background and trust me, there is a lot more to starting a business venture than a great idea. (it does sound like a good idea though :) )

hacim
12-19-2002, 08:42 AM
Sorry about the mispelling but I was up all night crunching numbers. I can put together a perposal if anyone is interested. I have a mechanic that has been working on Hondas for 28 years, I have a location and I have a freind that does carbon fiber work. The kind of start up money would be really up to you. Depends on how much you would like to own. If any of you are serious wich I am then PM me. I can give you all the numbers and any information that you may want. I really dont want to give to much information out here then have someone steal my idea. The location for the shop will be here in Colorado Springs. There is definetly a huge market for it and I am tired of working and making money for someone else. I want to work for my self and do something that I am pationate about. This is on hell of a chance to make great money and do something that would be a fun and great living.

The start up money really depends on how much money we could get in grants from the government but I have never applied for a grant before so I dont exactly know the route that I would have to take. Kenis I know that you have the experience so if you could fill me in a little I would greatly appreciate it.

Thaks,

Micah R. Mercil

kenis138
12-19-2002, 11:10 AM
First off, if yer worried bout people stealing yer idea, draft up a non-disclosure agreement before you spill yer guts about it. An attorney can draft these prolly real cheap. Anyway, you need to think bout how you want to set business up: Sole proprietership, partnership, or corporation. Corporation (Sub s)would prolly be good for you as you can start it relatively cheaply, your personal assets will be separate from the assets of the business (in case business flops), and you can have many owners through the issuance of privately held stock. For this type of business, I dont see how you could get Government funding, unless through like a small business assistance program. Best bet is to get $$ from people who may want some ownership in the business, but realistically most of your start up capital will come from something like a small business loan through a bank or credit union. Thing you have to think about there is that they will usually want to collateralize the loan w/ some kind of property or assets you can pledge. How are you set in this respect, do you own the property you plan on running the business out of? Any assets at all?

K20A3
12-19-2002, 11:47 AM
opertunity insatlations freind opurtunity

If you are serious then try using spell check.

hacim
12-19-2002, 12:24 PM
K20A3.... suck my balls.

ssvr6
12-19-2002, 12:32 PM
Alright, relax.

It happens K20A3... not all of us can be as "omnipotent" as yourself...

:rolleyes:

Steve

02blksi
12-19-2002, 12:44 PM
who's the man?

:)

bored @ school again. sorry--Joe :)

HondaMan
12-19-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by K20A3
opertunity insatlations freind opurtunity

If you are serious then try using spell check.

LOL, holy crap...please use spell check guys (but don't mind me...its one of my pet peeves)! :eek:

Don't flame me...hehe! :angel: :D :angel:

K20A3
12-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Someone who can't spell well enough to pass an ebonics test solicits investment in their business idea.

Impressive.

They then solicit ball sucking.

I'm really impressed now. Where do I send the $. First National Bank of Dumbass? Before I send the money I want proof that you actually have balls.

Steve,

I'm not worthy O' God of The Lock.

ROTLMAO!

The Captain
12-19-2002, 03:19 PM
The thing that is really tough about opening a performance shop is that so many people buy aftermarket parts through the net instead of local shops because the prices are lower. Running a shop involves overhead that some of these internet businesses do not have and that is why real stores have to charge more. Also, you have a lot of people who like to do the installs themselves to save money. Sure, there are some things that really need to be done at a shop but this is a pretty small market in the scheme of things.

I keep trying to talk our dealership into opening a separate performance department as we do sell and install aftermarket parts if the customer wants them. However, I can't make a realistic enough case for it at this time because of the extra money that we would have to spend.

Good luck,
Kirk

ssvr6
12-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Sorry, this is on a track to nowhere.

Steve