PDA

View Full Version : ep3 6 speed shifter

bummax
09-06-2010, 12:12 AM
where can i buy one new?

EP3Casas
09-06-2010, 01:37 AM
only the JDM , EDM, and CDM ep3's come with the 6 spd. but u can buy a Type-S 6 spd from a local dealership if u want it new. used from a local honda wrecking yard.

you wont have the reverse lockout unless u pin out too btw

bummax
09-06-2010, 02:56 PM
only the JDM , EDM, and CDM ep3's come with the 6 spd. but u can buy a Type-S 6 spd from a local dealership if u want it new. used from a local honda wrecking yard.

you wont have the reverse lockout unless u pin out too btw

where can i get the edm one? i wan da buddy club one but they dont make it anymore...

usedep3
09-06-2010, 06:19 PM
ok, so you just need the 6 speed shifter box. you know you can just modify you're stock one right. search. there are a few thread on where and how to do it.

also, you might be one of the lucky ones that dont have to mod your stock shifter. apparently a few members got lucky and got the 6 speed version of the shifter box already in their ep's

EP3Casas
09-07-2010, 07:50 AM
call your local wrecking yards and track 1 down.

and u want the buddy club shifter?

bummax
09-09-2010, 07:26 AM
i don't have to modify it.. it just hard to go into some gears

ok, so you just need the 6 speed shifter box. you know you can just modify you're stock one right. search. there are a few thread on where and how to do it.

also, you might be one of the lucky ones that dont have to mod your stock shifter. apparently a few members got lucky and got the 6 speed version of the shifter box already in their ep's

Tnhatch03
09-09-2010, 08:07 AM
you just asked where to go to buy something "new"...

the dealership did not cross your mind? ;-)

K20wagon
09-09-2010, 08:28 AM
If you just need a new one you can go to the dealership and get one. But if you want one with the 6 speed notch then you have to get the jdm and edm shifter. You can go check out epcivic.com and see if anyone in the uk/europe is selling one. And you can try and find someone that is selling there buddyclub shifter also. There might be someone on here selling one.

showoff3civic
09-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I think that is the worst question I have ever seen, what do you have for mods? and what exactly are you looking for? If you have the 6 speed tranny the 02-03 EP3's do not need to have the mod done to the shifter housing and if you have issues getting into gear it is probably more of an issue then the shifter housing. 04-05 do need to have the shifter housing notched out to allow it into reverse. If you have swapped out the tranny and started having issues with the shifting I would suggest in looking at your shifter bushings and your shift cable, most of the time this is where the problem lays. Also dont forget that if you having problems with getting into 6th and reverse that you need to switch your shift knob to the 6 speed one ;-)

EP3Casas
09-09-2010, 09:51 AM
i totally read that wrong and thought he wanted the transmission. if u want the shifter ten search the for sale threads. and if its hard to go into gears sometimes its the transmission thats your problem.

bummax
09-12-2010, 09:02 PM
you just asked where to go to buy something "new"...

the dealership did not cross your mind? ;-)

ep3 come 6 speed? no!

Johnny
09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Bummax, you need to ask questions more clearly. Members here are trying to help but it's a bit hard when the question is very vague. The smart thing to do is to not buy a new one but to buy a used one.

bummax
09-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Bummax, you need to ask questions more clearly. Members here are trying to help but it's a bit hard when the question is very vague. The smart thing to do is to not buy a new one but to buy a used one.

i try lookin to find one here no one have one for sale. so i wan a new buddyclub shifter. but they discontinue makin dem.

Tnhatch03
09-17-2010, 05:56 PM
ep3 come 6 speed? no!

ep3 never come 6 speed. it come 5 speed...

what is your question?