PDA

View Full Version : Just got an 03 Si, previously modified

ChrisDangerPant
09-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Ive been on ephatch a long time ago when I had an 02 EP3, it got repo'd. I have better financial luck right now and am purchasing an 03 prolly tomorrow.

Ive test drove it, everything seems fine on it.

It has a carbon fiber dash piece, some aftermarket gauge cluster, its lowered, has an CAI, its loud, not a stock muffler, I dont know if the full exhaust is replaced, or just the muffler, and it has a Type-r front bumper.

ChrisDangerPant
09-06-2010, 04:14 PM
How much do you think is a fair price to buy this for? It has 83k on the odometer, sticker price is 11k

kprocivic
09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
hmm around 10k, still kinda high cause it's a stealership but maybe if they throw in a two year warranty 10,500. i remember you your missing a s in your name.

ChrisDangerPant
09-06-2010, 04:23 PM
haha i sure am! Yea i was planning on lowballing them 1000, mebbe even say i want to finance 10k with tax and title included

Elise98
09-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Sounds like you are getting ripped off. Show the dealer ship some autotrader ads with better prices and see if they will bring it down. You can easily get a decent type-s for that kind of money.

BeaterEP
09-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, def a rip-off price. Remember, mods decrease value, not increase. :mbiggrin:

J Mo
09-06-2010, 05:30 PM
for comparison, i got my 03 bone stock EP with 55k miles on it for $9.2k -- but thats from an owner, yet without haggling, however

better make sure tho to double triple check errythang because its modded -- try to find something "off" about it so you can barter for the better price more :mbiggrin:

BeaterEP
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, that's the other thing I meant to mention:
modded car means you don't know what kinda crazy stupid shit the previous owner may have been doing in that car. I'd be extremely cautious about buying a modded vehicle, check everything you possibly can to make sure your not buying a car that some assclown screwed up.

si03
09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah, that's the other thing I meant to mention:
modded car means you don't know what kinda crazy stupid shit the previous owner may have been doing in that car. I'd be extremely cautious about buying a modded vehicle, check everything you possibly can to make sure your not buying a car that some assclown screwed up.

x1.
I thought about buying one that was modded but quickly changed my mind after tast driving a couple that drove funny.
I ended up going with 03 with 61k on it for $9G's. I think it has aftermarket headers as it sounds prety mean but I have yet to check it out. I've never heard a stock Ep3 so i have nothing to compare my car too.

ChrisDangerPant
09-06-2010, 06:12 PM
yea i hear that, I was hoping to find out if that person was ever on ephatch, the rocket booster tails and halo headlights with a type r front bumper should be a dead giveaway.

Located in Virginia Beach.