PDA

View Full Version : Ksport GT Pro Coilovers Questions

iDom
09-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Anybody have these?

http://thmotorsports.com/ksport/ksport_coilovers_gt_pro_damper_system/chd05gt/i-235276.aspx

How are these all around, I drive my car daily and want something worth the money. If I'm spending 1,200+ then I want it to be good. All around.

iDom
09-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Anyone? The most recent search of these were dating back to 2008, I don't know which set they were either. I wanna know as much about these before buying them as I possibly can.

chiwhitesi
09-07-2010, 02:36 PM
buy kw suspension, much better dampeners and better overall quality.

iDom
09-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Haven't really heard anything about those anywhere I've looked. I just want something that's without a doubt 'good' and respected throughout the industry. Know what I mean? It took my quite a while to save up money for something nice, don't wanna buy a mistake.

Zzyzx
09-07-2010, 03:26 PM
What are you looking to get out of modifying the suspension?

iDom
09-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I want reliability and performance. It's my daily driver, I've been driving the car nearly 2 years with no shocks so I'm not concerned with a 'harsh' ride compared to stock, cause I don't even know what that is anymore. I don't want junk. I've been saving up for quite a while. These are most appealing to me at the moment. Should I be looking at something else for that price?

EDIT:
Track use, more than likely NO.
But I would still like to have a legit setup.

Zzyzx
09-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Performance is highly subjective, more so this being a daily driver. I guess what I'm trying to get at is are you trying to make the car handle well, or are you trying to make the car "feel" a certin way?

For example, you could simply go buy a good set of dampers + a camber kit all the while keeping the stock springs and, properly setup, end up with a car that handles better then most of the street ricers on the road today. Throw in some good summer tires and you'd be leaving most of them in the dust.

Anyway, remember this list.
#1 Driver
#2 Tire
#3 Aligment
#4 Damper
#5 Spring
#6 anti-roll bar
#7 Bushings
#8 Chassis bracing

From top to bottom things that influence the cars handling. the most influential/important are at the top, the least are at the bottom. be aware that its not a linar list, as the springs & anti-roll bars are pretty much interchangeable and the jump between anti-roll bars and bushigns is pretty big...

iDom
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I would like the car to handle very well, not that I would be applying it to it's limits practically ever, but I would like it to have a nice setup. I understand that nothing I put on it will turn it into a super car, I would like something that would be noticeably superior compared to stock.

But I mean, for the money are these worth it? Is it the best 'bang for your buck' type of thing or at least evenly comparable to what's available for that price range? I mean, can something just as good be had for less? Or is there something out there for 50 dollars more that's twice as good? You know what I mean? Reading specs on a website will get you nowhere, they're never going to advertise their products as shitty. So I just wanted to see if some of the people on here who represent a more realistic buyers group with as little personal bias as possible. Granted people will promote whatever they have more often than not and try to convince everyone including themselves they made the right decision with their purchase. I'm just looking for some opinions/input. I greatly greatly appreciate the responses so far.

Zzyzx
09-08-2010, 08:23 AM
for daily use, you are not going to see any real difference between these and pretty much any other pre-built suspension on the market. so to me, performance potential wise, its a wash. There will be some ride quality differences, being a function of spring rates (of which we can compare) and damper valving (which we cant compare).

Is lowering the car important to you, or would you be happy with something that handles better even if its at the OEM ride height?

iDom
09-08-2010, 09:27 AM
I would definitely want the car to be lower than stock ride height. They look like little mini vans to me if they're not lowered a little bit.

iDom
09-08-2010, 03:33 PM
So with all that being said, what should I do? Look at something different?