PDA

View Full Version : Trouble shoot with me.

Akeeg4
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM
So, my clutch went out 3 weeks ago, so I started pulling the motor to change it. Decided to do a little tuck while i was at it. Tucked the fuse box, battery, headlight wires and anything else that was easy enough. We go to start the car back up. It starts. then dies. It sounds like it's misfiring. We checked the clip on the injector and it seemed to be pulled out a bit. I went to rc and picked up a clip. Started it today, same thing. Smoke is coming from the exhaust, its dumping fuel. No gas is coming from around the injectors. I went on kpro to check any code that came up and there is NOTHING. Any ideas where i should go next?

Mods :
greddy turbo kit
650cc rc injectors
Kpro

whatisthis
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
did you un-pin any connectors during your tuck job?

VIZHUNZ02SI
09-08-2010, 04:49 PM
check you map sensor plugs. some thing tells me you got it reversed

Akeeg4
09-10-2010, 12:12 AM
check you map sensor plugs. some thing tells me you got it reversed

Ill check tomorrow, also any other ideas?

euroyellow
09-10-2010, 08:20 PM
check all your grounds and yeah your tps and map sensor...could be flopped I have wiring diagrams for them.I believe the map is grn/yel on one of the wires
no codes is strange check the grounds on your injectors

DgrzEp3
09-10-2010, 09:15 PM
when i was installing my greddy kit i accidentally touched the wires on one of my injector connectors while soldering..

well anyways

it caused the cylinder to throw a misfire code.

after going crazy checking the injector with rc, getting new plugs, coil pack, and everything to do with ignition.

i took it to a local shop

and they said i have a DEAD cylinder. and i fried the ecu maps for cylinder three when i was soldering the connector.

my only option was to buy a new ecu and have my kpro switched from my PNF to the new PRB

cured the problem right away after i got my ecu back.

(i was actually seeing gas come out of my exhaust)

(Also kpro on occasion wouldnt read the misfire because it was an ECU problem)

i hope you dont have my problem... =/

just thought id throw you an idea man

Good luck with the solution man.