PDA

View Full Version : Window Question. Tried a few things already!

ebizzle361
09-09-2010, 03:29 PM
when i roll up my drivers window and it gets to the top the back edge pops out and wont seal up properly. I thought it was the window channel so I replaced that and it got better but not completely. So i took the door panel off and took out the glass to re set the channel and put the glass back in thinkin that was the problem and it still did the same thing. When the window was out and checked the tabs that are glued on the window to see if they were loose and they felt secure. When i put the window back in I rocked it back and forth and it appeared that the plastic peice that I screwed the window tabs into was moving on the metal peice. If someone can help me out that I'd really appreciate it.

dirtyduck17
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Are you messing with the bolts that attach the glass mounting bracket? If so make sure to press the glass firmly to rear of the door when re-tightening them. That should help with any glass travel issues. Also make sure the run channels on the front and rear are clean. A little silicone spray in the run channels help reduce any friction.

Ronnie
09-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Are you messing with the bolts that attach the glass mounting bracket? If so make sure to press the glass firmly to rear of the door when re-tightening them. That should help with any glass travel issues. Also make sure the run channels on the front and rear are clean. A little silicone spray in the run channels help reduce any friction.
:yeahthat:

ebizzle361
09-10-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd made sure to push it back firmly and then tighten the bolts that hold the glass to the mounting brackets and it still came out. could the rail that the mounting bracket slides up and down on be messed up?? or should I just spray the silicone spray in the channels? Thanks guys

dirtyduck17
09-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Try the silicone and see if it helps. If not you might need to throw some parts at the problem.

ebizzle361
09-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Try the silicone and see if it helps. If not you might need to throw some parts at the problem.

Thanks, but what kinda parts would i be lookin at? a regulator? I replaced the channel already.

dirtyduck17
09-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Which channel did you replace? the front or rear? Those plastic pieces you're referring to, are they attached to the regulator? If the bracket you attached to the glass to is twisting on the regulator then it needs to be replaced. Make sure the bracket is mounted securely too.

ebizzle361
09-11-2010, 08:08 AM
I replaced the plastic that makes the window seal when its rolled up. theres a diy by heitzke that i followed on here but it keeps coming out of the seal at the top when i try to roll it up all the way.

dirtyduck17
09-11-2010, 02:07 PM
I replaced the plastic that makes the window seal when its rolled up. theres a diy by heitzke that i followed on here but it keeps coming out of the seal at the top when i try to roll it up all the way.

Can you post a pic of the window were it pops out of the channel. Maybe if I see it I could give you more specific info.

ebizzle361
09-11-2010, 07:54 PM
yeah ill have to do that tomorrow. but think of it this way. when i roll the window all the way up from the drivers side and i look at the top rear part of the window, it pops out towards the outside of the car.

dirtyduck17
09-12-2010, 08:21 AM
From what you're telling me, but wit out actually seeing the bits in the door I would say you need a regulator. Sorry I couldn't be any more helpful.

ebizzle361
09-12-2010, 03:18 PM
its ok. i took a pic earlier and will post it in a bit

Heitzke
09-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Usually I'd say that the run channel is forcing the the window out of the track, and that's normally the case. Our window regs are total pieces of shit, and if you have a messed up run channel for a while, it can really accelerate the 'wear' of the regulator itself. The little plastic piece on the regulator that holds the window in place gets really loose and allows the window to rock back and forth in the track.

ebizzle361
09-13-2010, 03:50 PM
i think you hit the nail on the head. thats exactly what i was starting to think as well. also i thought i posted this question but i guess not. It rained for about a day and a half here last week and when i dried up i went into the back of my car where the spare tire was and it was full of water. any ideas on how it got in there? I checked the seal for the hatch and it seemed to be in good shape. where else could the water be getting in from?

ebizzle361
09-14-2010, 05:36 AM
bump for some help on the second question. its gonna rain soooon

ebizzle361
09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
heres the picture of the window....
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/flipboi361/window.jpg

Jukka
09-15-2010, 03:54 PM
could be coming from tail lamps, they have a gasket behind them. Also, could be the spoiler too. If its not sealed properly, it will leak too.

edit: what i would do is strip your trunk carpet out, close it up, sit in there and get some one with a low pressure hose to spray the back of the entire car and just look for water coming in. That or if your a loner and dont have any friends, line the entrie gasket with white notebook paper and do the same thing. Where the leak will come in, the paper will get soaked.

double edit: It looks like your window is just out of alignment. When you go to tighten it up, make sure you keep hard pressure on the window pushing it towards the back for both bolts. and make sure they are snug. i had the same issue for about 3 hours untill i figured that out.

ebizzle361
09-20-2010, 08:41 PM
anyone know if the ac compressor switch can be checked to see if its working or not without taking the switch out. ie jumping it or something. I got the ac compressor charged today and it wasnt kicking on unless we probed it and put power directly to it. But the condensor fan still didnt come on. anyone have any ideas of what this must be?

mage182
09-21-2010, 06:17 AM
heres the picture of the window....
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/flipboi361/window.jpg

That is def window alignment. It happened to me when I had to replace the window motor. Take the door panel off and loosen the two bolts holding the window to the track. Push the window all the way to the back so it lines up with the vertical track on the back of the door and tighten the bolts. Put some silicone spray on the seals and you should be set.

ebizzle361
09-21-2010, 05:33 PM
ok ill definitely try that. but i mean it rolls up all the way perfect and then at the last moment it pops out. does it still sound like the same thing that happened to you?

ep3rez
02-13-2011, 05:22 PM
wow im having the same trouble my window finally came out of the tracks and it wont roll all the way up but i gunna try to see whats up with it and i will post up pics with the findings but all the other post from earlier are a big help.