PDA

View Full Version : Good magazine for EP owner?

FailureToStop
12-11-2002, 08:01 PM
Hey guys... I want to subscribe to a magazine or two.
Import Tuner seems good. I really like their power pages (but so far not very EP related) and it's almost like getting a girlie magazine with all those model pictures (a definite plus :D ) they put in there. What car/enthusiasts magazine would you guys recommend for an EP owner?

STP03BlueSI
12-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Sport Compact Car, and Super Street. i also purchase Honda Tuning:D

SubliminalSi
12-11-2002, 08:43 PM
I dunno about just for ep owners but the new super street has a few pages on the mugen type r, and a few random pics of si's with kits

HK_EP3
12-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Sport Compact Car, and Super Street. i also purchase Honda Tuning:D
Sports Compact Car?????? HELL NO!!! that magazine can suck my ^#&*$. They are a bunch of retards that dont know what they r talkin about. (And they especially hate our si's) dont ever buy it!

!@#$%
12-11-2002, 09:13 PM
honda tuning is a must.

HCI hot compact imports is another good one.

i shy away from super street...its all oooOO look how much money this guy has to change his car in every unnecessary way possible.

SCC.....to biased

IceD out N CALI
12-11-2002, 09:16 PM
Honda Tuning + your pick from the other import magazines

silver ep
12-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Super Street
Honda Tuning
Import Tuner

!@#$%
12-11-2002, 11:05 PM
so far in the two issues of HCI they have put a complete:

1. ep suspension install. step by step with good color pics.

2. ep header install. same format step by step

3. ep/rsx big brake kit install step by step.

I hope the next few months come with more add on installs. i already love this mag. its just as technical as HT and we ALL love honda tuning. :D

Brettnyt
12-11-2002, 11:23 PM
Im with Super Street, funny guys that know what they are talkin about, good read. I found that HCI is awfully pro APC from the last issue I read (with the purple APC Si on the cover). Not a huge fan But i found some of it to be interesting. Import Tuner has some great photos and articles, can't wait to see some EPs in there... I also found the Canadian magazine "Performance Auto and Sound" to be of a large help if you are looking into audio equipment, quite informative, and each issue is a bohemoth of a magazine.

In order I would say...

Super Street
Import Tuner
Sport Compact Car (though im still ticked about the last comparo with the Si... Grrr....)
Honda Tuner (even though its small)
HCI
Performance Auto and Sound

Suk02Si
12-12-2002, 12:31 AM
I'm getting Super Street and Sport Compact; for some reason the last three months I've been getting Turbo, Honda Tuning and Import Tuner without subscribing? I filled out a free single issue thing at SEMA for Honda Tuning, but the others I dunno.

David S Wallens
12-12-2002, 05:26 PM
We know a little about the new Civic Si, also: http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com/02civicsi.html

XHawkeye
12-13-2002, 11:57 AM
Am a 4+ year subscriber of Grassroots Motorsports and highly recommended it. It's a non-bling bling/rice magazine, check it out it at a B&N or a Borders.

SiR Medic
12-13-2002, 10:04 PM
Every month I pick up Road & Track and Car and Driver.

Sure, they don't have the Civic Si every month, but they are still very good rags.

When they did comparison tests, the Si came in second in both mags. Both magazines also noted that the Si could have placed first if it had better rims and tires. Road & Track actually had an editor pick the Si FIRST over the Focus SVT, Golf GTI, and Sentra SE-R.

Both these mags picked the SVT over the Si but they do not take reliability or resale in to account.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the ultimate Magazine... MAXIM!

BarracksSi
12-14-2002, 08:31 AM
Road & Track has always been my favorite overall car magazine. Smart writing, good taste in cars, and honest assessments. They don't deal much with modifications, though.

I got a look at an issue of Grassroots Motorsports for the first time this summer, and I was very impressed. Descriptions of modded cars in most other magazines read like a catalog list of aftermarket parts (honestly, that's boring as hell), but GRM didn't take that approach.

What about audio magazines? There's Car Audio and Electronics, and Auto Sound & Security, but what other worthwhile car audio mags are there?

zensuit
12-15-2002, 08:51 AM
I'm a noob here, but Honda Tuning covers most of the performance mods and still keeps a pretty good eye on stuff that an average guy who wants a better than average car is going to want to know about, JMHO.

Z