PDA

View Full Version : Front driver seat on my '02 Si looks like it's wearing from the seatbelt?

ep pilot
12-11-2002, 08:56 PM
Anyone else noticed the material on the driver side seat, near the left shoulder bolster is wearing? mine is from my seat-belt. I have about 1600 miles now, dont drive my car much, but am 5'6'' and ride with my seat almost straight up and the anchor points on the highest notch. I have found it rubs the seat exactly where the seat belt rests when you drive. anyone think Honda will cover this under the 12 mo. 12k mile B2B warranty? I hope so those seats look scarcely expensive.:o

-Ryan

DrPimpSiR
12-11-2002, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I've got the same problem. I'm 5'9. I first noticed it after having the car for two weeks. Six months later, and it hasn't gotten worse. I'm still going to wait and see.

IceD out N CALI
12-11-2002, 09:01 PM
if your seats are prematurly wearing out like that then i'm sure honda will cover it inside the 3yr 36k bumper to bumper warranty

ep pilot
12-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Yeah I've got duck tape Ghetto-Rigged on the seat now to keep it from getting worse.

-Ryan

IceD out N CALI
12-11-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Yeah I've got duck tape Ghetto-Rigged on the seat now to keep it from getting worse.

-Ryan

I put seat covers over mine-they look good and make the seats even more comfy:)

civic hatch boi
12-11-2002, 09:27 PM
hmmm. my seat belt doesn't rub my chair.. maybe u guys are sitting to close up? with the back tilted too upward... turn gansta for a while .. u can do it. lean bcak some.

fyzm7357
12-11-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
hmmm. my seat belt doesn't rub my chair.. maybe u guys are sitting to close up? with the back tilted too upward... turn gansta for a while .. u can do it. lean bcak some.

Second that, my seat belt doesn't rub either....

kenis138
12-12-2002, 06:49 AM
Mine is faded from dog drool as a result of someone constantly hanging his head out the window.

my02si
12-12-2002, 06:56 AM
I lean back a bit and mine doesn't rub either...

cbecker333
12-12-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Anyone else noticed the material on the driver side seat, near the left shoulder bolster is wearing? mine is from my seat-belt. I have about 1600 miles now, dont drive my car much, but am 5'6'' and ride with my seat almost straight up and the anchor points on the highest notch. I have found it rubs the seat exactly where the seat belt rests when you drive. anyone think Honda will cover this under the 12 mo. 12k mile B2B warranty? I hope so those seats look scarcely expensive.:o

-Ryan

I get so frustrated when people post about this..."my car's suede is wearing, right where it should wear, because it gets rubbed every single time I get in the car. Its honda's fault! Fix it, honda!"

Seriously, what can they do? replace the suede? then at 3200 miles, you'll have the same fu**king problem!

Suede wears. Deal with it.

ssvr6
12-12-2002, 08:45 AM
No problems with mine either. I'm too tall for it rub on the seat.

Steve

Jpax
12-12-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

I put seat covers over mine-they look good and make the seats even more comfy:)

TELL NE THERE NOT COW PRINTED....lol

j/p ;)

cbecker333
12-12-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE

TELL NE THERE NOT COW PRINTED....lol

j/p ;)

What about leopard?

jaydub
12-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Wear and tear items are not covered by any b2b warranty. Those are things that are bound to happen. It's wearing on my seat too, but I don't believe I'll sacrifice my comfort while driving to save a little 2" area on my seat.

Next thing you know people will blame Michelin for the tires wearing out.

TrippZ
12-12-2002, 03:04 PM
my seats are pretty straight up, but it doesnt rub. i thinki its because im 6ft, and im extremely overweight, so the belt doesnt have a chance to come in contact with the seat. I'll be buying some black and yellow seat covers from Autozone soon, just so I dont have to worry about it rubbing (and because i like yellow and black ;p)

jaydub
12-12-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
I'll be buying some black and yellow seat covers from Autozone soon, just so I dont have to worry about it rubbing

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHAHAHAH

http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/laughgreddy.gif

MYEP3
12-12-2002, 03:17 PM
For real! Why dont you just sell them while they are in good condition and invest in type r's!!

jason
12-12-2002, 05:40 PM
seatbelt?:confused: whats a seatbelt?:D

Type X
12-12-2002, 05:59 PM
raise seatbelt up hence less friction on the seats
OR buy those shoulder pad seatbelt things
dont get