PDA

View Full Version : I just finished my s2k start button install!!!! Yipeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUSHI_NE1
09-13-2010, 05:26 PM
So I recieved my S2K start button from UPS today. Took like 3 days to get here. I already had switched the Emergency light botton a few days ago, so what was left was just the nice part. Left home early to buy the Floppy drive plug and other wires/relays needed to actually install the dam thing. WELL HERE IT IS!....... LOVE IT SO MUCH!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/b3631eeb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rctCZrUQDRc

.colin
09-13-2010, 05:43 PM
lol seems silly since you already have to turn the key, but it is sweet nonetheless! nice video as well!

SUSHI_NE1
09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
lol seems silly since you already have to turn the key, but it is sweet nonetheless! nice video as well!

Believe me... I wish I didn't have to turn the key and it was bluetooth like the G35's, but I have a EP... so it's Turn then Push for me ... LOL
I want to not have to push the clutch in though... That would be sweet. I think I may do that next :-)

Silvercard
09-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Very Nice!

Garrett
09-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Believe me... I wish I didn't have to turn the key and it was bluetooth like the G35's, but I have a EP... so it's Turn then Push for me ... LOL
I want to not have to push the clutch in though... That would be sweet. I think I may do that next :-)

How can you do that??

SUSHI_NE1
09-13-2010, 06:57 PM
How can you do that??

I think there is a way to start the car without the clutch, but not the bluetooth thing... THAT WOULD BE HELLA TIGHT! :-)

J Mo
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I think there is a way to start the car without the clutch, but not the bluetooth thing... THAT WOULD BE HELLA TIGHT! :-)

HELLA tight is HELLA right! =]

doo eet! and post a video once you figure out a [expensive] way to do so ahaha

MugenReplica
09-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Nice write up! Thanks for sharing the pics and the vid. Top notch work!

Sucka
09-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Damn Brad i see your going back into the ep game! Keep it up! Can you do this to any car?

K20wagon
09-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Nice I would like to do this to mine one day.

ttttrigg3r
09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
How does the hot glue feel? Think it'll pop off or melt anytime soon?

japarossa
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Nice job. Mine has been in for 2 years now and the hot glue hasn't let go yet.

SUSHI_NE1
09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Damn Brad i see your going back into the ep game! Keep it up! Can you do this to any car?

What you mean?... Any EP or any other car that's not a Honda?... I was just going off the writup and they referenced other forums... and when I saw the DIY's for other Honda's.... They were pretty much the same. But if I had to do it again, it would be a lot easier cuz I know where everything goes and exactly where to cut. I'm just happy I could finish mines without any problems. :-)

OH!... And I tried it at night and LOVE how it lights up... ;-)

Sucka
09-13-2010, 09:15 PM
What you mean?... Any EP or any other car that's not a Honda?... I was just going off the writup and they referenced other forums... and when I saw the DIY's for other Honda's.... They were pretty much the same. But if I had to do it again, it would be a lot easier cuz I know where everything goes and exactly where to cut. I'm just happy I could finish mines without any problems. :-)

OH!... And I tried it at night and LOVE how it lights up... ;-)

Oh cause im planning to get an eg and i might want to do this. You think you know how?

jed_averill
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Pretty cool. After you can start it without the clutch, you then can upgrade to a voice command.

"ENGINE START"

jh604
09-14-2010, 12:14 AM

I dont have to press the clutch for mine =D

JaydmEp3
09-14-2010, 12:27 AM
looks good buddy. will be doing mine soon. hit u up if I got any questions. shouldn't tho cuz u made a vid. BUMP!! lol

MBaG
09-14-2010, 12:32 AM
i believe there was a DIY clutch bypass floating around. you just had to cut a wire somewhere. but yea, goodluck with it! looks good.

ImportCustomx
09-14-2010, 05:12 AM
i believe there was a DIY clutch bypass floating around. you just had to cut a wire somewhere. but yea, goodluck with it! looks good.

the local drag tracks i go to...if your car came factory with a clutch switch...then it needs to be intact and functioning..not sure about autocross. but if you plan on doing anything like that make sure you can reverse what you did incase you want to take it to the track.

jh604
09-15-2010, 05:12 PM
i didnt have to cut mine. i made a connector

Ronnie
09-15-2010, 08:22 PM
even though I don't use mine very often BUT it looks really sharp
LOVE mine too

mangvue05si
09-24-2010, 03:57 PM
i have this mod... but it doesnt actually work, just for show :thumbu:

SUSHI_NE1
09-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh cause im planning to get an eg and i might want to do this. You think you know how?

IT SHOULD BE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME. There is two wires you got to find when you stick the key in. Then you hook those up to a relay. Then your left with one wire that goes from the button that goes to the power source of the S2K... then the other two from the button go to ground and a 12 fuse in your box. OH and one from the relay gets grounded. THATS IT!... LOL.

Plus if you aren't not doing it for a EP it will be easier cuz you don't have to mess with the Hazard button. Just put it anywhere and maybe buy a square piece of CF to hold it... VUAALA!!!! Just needs to be wired up. When I have a chance I'm a buy some of that wire wrap and make it look more OEM. Right now I have wires everywhere... Lol

CHECK THIS OUT FOR THE EG!
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2701746

GREAT WRITE UP HERE^

27rocks
09-24-2010, 09:51 PM

A S2k is the same, so its basically like really having a s2k lol.

ttttrigg3r
09-28-2010, 01:12 PM
How much did this mod cost after taxes and everything?

japarossa
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I bought mine on ebay, it came prewired with the relay. It also came with detailed instructions telling you which wires to tap and where to locate them. With this kit the install only took about 1 hour. The guy I bought mine off of was in the U.S. but this guy sells the same kit. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Honda-S2000-start-button-civic-crx-type-R-crv-Prelude-/220618229047?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335ddf0537

Andrew
09-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I bought mine on ebay, it came prewired with the relay. It also came with detailed instructions telling you which wires to tap and where to locate them. With this kit the install only took about 1 hour. The guy I bought mine off of was in the U.S. but this guy sells the same kit. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Honda-S2000-start-button-civic-crx-type-R-crv-Prelude-/220618229047?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335ddf0537

all of the items for sale by this guy are in the U.K. NOT U.S.

neoamd
09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Congrats!

ttttrigg3r
09-28-2010, 06:12 PM
seriously? that's a lot of money. thats about 60$ right?

Sucka
09-28-2010, 06:12 PM
IT SHOULD BE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME. There is two wires you got to find when you stick the key in. Then you hook those up to a relay. Then your left with one wire that goes from the button that goes to the power source of the S2K... then the other two from the button go to ground and a 12 fuse in your box. OH and one from the relay gets grounded. THATS IT!... LOL.

Plus if you aren't not doing it for a EP it will be easier cuz you don't have to mess with the Hazard button. Just put it anywhere and maybe buy a square piece of CF to hold it... VUAALA!!!! Just needs to be wired up. When I have a chance I'm a buy some of that wire wrap and make it look more OEM. Right now I have wires everywhere... Lol

CHECK THIS OUT FOR THE EG!
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2701746

GREAT WRITE UP HERE^

Thanks Brad i'll give you a call if i run into trouble or anything.

japarossa
09-30-2010, 01:16 PM
all of the items for sale by this guy are in the U.K. NOT U.S.

Thats why I said " The guy I bought mine off was in the US but this guy sells the same kit"