PDA

View Full Version : Picking my Si up tomorrow

1stockEP
07-16-2002, 10:29 PM
Hi all,
New to the boards, picking up my Si tomorrow. Found the site on a search yesterday...good stuff. Ive always owned domestics, namely mustangs, but there's something about this little hatch that grabbed me. Im a little apprehensive about going from a 12 second car to a 15 second car, so Im keeping the mustang for at least a few weeks. I welcome any tips you folks have for me.

Cheers

-Tim

TezGari
07-16-2002, 11:50 PM
before you buy your car, tell them no, i dont want it, then theyll say "WHy", say i want free floormats with it. Ok.

next get your si and join the Smart Side:EP Owners..

Congratulations on the new Si..........You wont regret it.

1stockEP
07-17-2002, 01:02 AM
Hehe, thanks. Floormats were included, luckily. Seems everyone doesnt get the same ones though. I havent seen mine yet, but the one I looked at had stitched Civic Si mats. Seems pretty rediculous to have to buy floormats when the only option you can get is side airbags. I looked at alot of Si's and didnt see a single one with the side bags. Just out of curiousity, any of you guys have side airbags?

Mechanic
07-17-2002, 02:30 AM
Welcome. You're entering a whole 'nother world. I wouldn't be too apprehensive though -- my mid-20's car was a 1967 427ci/435hp Corvette convertible, and I'd like to think I survived the transition nicely. Believe it or not, Hondas (and similar cars) are a LOT more fun.

todaCspec
07-17-2002, 07:17 AM
i think it has to do w/the shifter and crisp steering response. can you say "full throttle ahead".:)

ApexinSi
07-17-2002, 07:39 AM
yep, I've got them side airbags

BTW only $250 for the airbag option...I don't see why honda didn't throw them on all the si's :confused:

HondaMan
07-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Congrats! I love my Si! :)

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-17-2002, 04:30 PM
yea.. wish honda threw in the side airbags... the base RSX has side airbags standard.

1stockEP
07-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Mechanic
Welcome. You're entering a whole 'nother world. I wouldn't be too apprehensive though -- my mid-20's car was a 1967 427ci/435hp Corvette convertible, and I'd like to think I survived the transition nicely. Believe it or not, Hondas (and similar cars) are a LOT more fun.

Definitely alot of fun to drive. Left the dealer managed to put 200 miles on it tonight. I guess I took the detour home, the dealer is 5 miles away. So far, I love every aspect of the car. All I could think of was, "holy shit this clutch is light." Is it hydraulic or cable?