PDA

View Full Version : Got another honda

nightbear
09-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Maybe some of you know but i ended up selling my turbo and some other stuff a couple years back. All i have now are some volk's. Originally i was gonna save up to buy a new car (supratt). Going from a turbo ep3 to stock... its just not the same haha. I ended up selling it because i wasnt going to be able to afford better suspension/brakes/etc.. to support the boost. Also, someone broke into my car and stole some of my parts.....

One of my friends who's pretty into bike's got me into motorcycles kind of. I started searching for bike's and saw a white honda cbr 600rr that matches my white ep3. I decided to hop on it. The ep3 was my first car and the car i learned how to drive manual on. It was pretty easy to learn and easy to control which is one of the reasons i really love honda. The cbr is treating me the same as its my first bike.

I dont know if ill be into car's as much as i was anymore after riding this bike, its a totally different experience. I definitely still love the ep tho, its a great car to just drive around and has maintained very well over the years.

Ill still look at ephatch from time to time and might have a couple things to get rid of like an exhaust, so look out for my for sale thread in the near future.

Thanks ephatch.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/labelmebebe/DSC00824.jpg

K20wagon
09-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Nice 600 man.

sleepy ep3
09-15-2010, 10:55 PM
I always thought Honda bikes looked the best. Great purchase, looks nice. Don't hurt yourself

hondaguy92129
09-15-2010, 10:57 PM
I always thought Honda bikes looked the best. Great purchase, looks nice. Don't hurt yourself

seconded. Have fun but make sure you wear your gear!

nightbear
09-15-2010, 11:01 PM
yea for real yo im def. taking it slow haha its pretty crazy when you go on the road for the first time. Unless you dont have fear....

4lugSLUG
09-16-2010, 04:33 AM
I wanted to do all the mods to the ep but never did. Imstead, I bought a bike. The R6 treats me well and gets me my fix on speed. Remember wear your gear and the front brakes will do 80% of the stopping. Don't even touch the rear unless you have to. Change the oil every 3000 or so and DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHAIN!!! Alot of ppl forget about it. Clean it and lube it every 500-1000 regardless of how it looks.

ImportCustomx
09-16-2010, 05:41 AM
I wanted to do all the mods to the ep but never did. Imstead, I bought a bike. The R6 treats me well and gets me my fix on speed. Remember wear your gear and the front brakes will do 80% of the stopping. Don't even touch the rear unless you have to. Change the oil every 3000 or so and DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHAIN!!! Alot of ppl forget about it. Clean it and lube it every 500-1000 regardless of how it looks.

Using the rear brake is a good habit to get in to. Use both, the rear brake makes it so the bike is a little easier to stop and not endo as much, rear brakes are very handy. yes the front brakes handle almost 80% of the braking but it doesnt need to. you should use the rears too. The reason why i can turn out good laps is becuase i use both brakes consistantly, and effectively and am smooth on and off. Moto's dont like fistfulls of brakes...dont just lock em up..it upsets the balance of the bike..if your smooth then your good.

Chain lube, dont lube it before you go and ride..your basically put chain lube on something that wont absorb..it sits on top and gets flung around. what you wanna do is, after a ride spray the chain lube on and let it sit for like 15 minutes...it gets abosrbed into the O-Rings etc and does a good job. after 15 minutes take a rag and wipe down the chain. wipe away from the sprocket..do not wipe toward the sprocket..you get your fingers caught or worse. NEVER Leave the bike running while lubing your chain.

i could go on for hours on what to do with the bike. its a great bike.

Remember to wear gear. boots,jeans,jacket,gloves,helmet...go even further and say back protector etc.

Dont be a hero, dont ride outside your abilities. dont push to hard especially on the street.

And lastly

Your going to go down. its a matter of when, it could be tomorrow becuase your fucking around and trying to look like the cool guy, or it could be 40 years from now becuase your too old and cant hold a bike up anymore and you topple over at astop light. either way , your going down. So be ready, have your gear on.

Ive walked away from 2 accidents becuase of my gear. 1 lowside on the street at about 65mph. it was a cold day (about 45 degrees), first turn of the day, little bit of sand coming into the turn that i must not have seen...boom down and i was toast.

Be careful, have fun, take your time, if your gonna ride fast, ride smart.

Bike is beautiful. im planning on a 1000rr next season.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3531/3207342518_18622a1c0e_z.jpg
Cbr600f4i
Power commander
kn intake
Micron High mount exhuast system
modd'd air box
520 chain conversion- vortex sprockets -2 +1
Michelin pilot power2ct tires (not in picture)
Pazzo Racing Levers
crash sliders etc

nightbear
09-16-2010, 07:14 AM
thanks for the great advice guys

Anrasmor
09-16-2010, 08:03 AM
That is really damn good advice.

Also a really nice bike. Grats!

until240
09-16-2010, 07:04 PM
ATGATT. really.

Also, look into getting Vortex rearsets. They look nice, you can move the position of the pegs, and Vortex sells replacement parts, so you don't have to replace the whole thing if it gets damaged. The OEM rearset is one piece, and when you drop the bike, the footpeg will most likely be ruined.

The Grunge Brush is awesome.

Make sure you get your suspension tuned. Your body weight is about 50% of the weight of the bike, so making sure the suspension is right for you is VERY important.

nightbear
09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
thanks ill look into that, the dude who rode it before me was about the same size as me so i think the suspension will be okay.

kokopuffs405
09-23-2010, 08:32 AM
My LIfe is Bro