PDA

View Full Version : Got tools in your trunk?... What you packing?

SUSHI_NE1
09-16-2010, 09:50 PM
I always carry tools in my trunk because WHO KNOWS?... Anything can happen. Just bought a brand new box today from COSTCO... SHE'S A BEAUT!... VERY BIG! LOL

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/8c4cb898.jpg

WHO ELSE DOES THIS? PICS?????

ep3egg
09-16-2010, 10:03 PM
i keep a 10mm widget & pressure gauge in the glovebox.

Sucka
09-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh i try not to carry too many tools in my car.

REASON: Thieves always look inside cars to see what they can steal/get. I had couple of friends that had there own tool box inside there car and thieves use there tools to steal the car.

SUSHI_NE1
09-16-2010, 10:11 PM
oh i try not to carry too many tools in my car.

Reason: Thieves always look inside cars to see what they can steal/get. I had couple of friends that had there own tool box inside there car and thieves use there tools to steal the car.

FAIL!!!... LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pound:

SUSHI_NE1
09-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Im planning on buying a smaller box to stick in the spare tire area cuz THIS BITCH IS HEAVY! LOL

K20wagon
09-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I always carry my toolbox and ratchet set. My toolbox has almost everything you need to work on a car lol and ya you never know whats going to happen.

PatrickJamesYu
09-16-2010, 10:15 PM
after I installed Distance's wing onto my car, I haven't taken out a Snap-On ratchet, an unnecessary extender, and a Snap-On specialized socket.
Why all Snap-On?
'Cause it's completely necessary when installing a wing :)

I had a Craftsman socket set in my car, but when I did suspension work on my car, a few of the sockets stripped and 1 cracked when I used it to torque my wheels.
So it's just in my garage now

J Mo
09-16-2010, 10:19 PM
lmao @ that story above

anyways, i do carry one box of goodies in the trunk -- it contains poly gloves, spare headlight bulbs, socket wrench, pipe wrench (wtf?), ratcheting screwdriver, zip ties, and dielectric grease

in the spare tire well i keep jumper cables and the jack that came with the car

glove box contains pressure gauge, spare valve stem covers, microfiber cloths, touch up paint, mini maglite

and in the center console rests a water blade T-bar squeegee, useful for removing morning mist on my car instead of watering it down -- trying to be a little eco friendly (and water bill friendly)

Cheep3
09-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Does an occasional 9mm Beretta count?

ep3colin
09-16-2010, 11:28 PM
my car is gutted soooo..... nothing

nolimit59
09-17-2010, 06:21 AM
I keep a box about the size of the ops new box haha, i just like to be prepared. I have to admit i never thought of thieves using your own tools against you. I think i will buy a smaller one and just put the essentials in it.

BeaterEP
09-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Just jumper cables in the spare tire well, and a tire gauge and LED flashlight in the glovebox. Used to carry a little portable Craftsman kit under the seat but lost it somewhere along the way. As soon as I remember to I'll be replacing that.

kwiksi
10-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I carry jumper cables, a led flashlight, a tire pressure gauge, 19mm deep socket for the lug nut key, and a breaker bar for cracking the lugnuts if I ever get a flat....thats it. It's a Honda man.

Ep3 ked
10-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I have everything u need in my trunk lol even a crankpully remover lol

MBaG
10-10-2010, 02:57 PM
i carry my triple A card. less weight = win. :]

Jukka
10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
i keep the oem tools, an extendable wrench from gorilla, 19mm deep socket, a small adjustable wrench, tire pressure gauge, LED flashlight, and a multitool with a few screw driver ends and hex heys on it. Also I have a small floor mat for if i need to change a flat.

SI in GA
10-10-2010, 03:44 PM
I carry a Leatherman it's with my jack. If I need more I probably wouldn't work on it myself anyway.

skoolnu
10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
when i travel with the car ill take my mac tools bag full of goodies.... but not when im local. i got AAA for that. haha

FreelancerASP
10-11-2010, 08:34 AM
ratchet set, flashlight, 20 in 1 multi tool, a jumper kit and a pack of gum. with these i should be able to fix anything:shady:

Garrett
10-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Dang i need to add a flashlight to my trunk haha, but i have a 10mm, 12mm, and 14mm pliers and a phillips head, and all oem tools

DCRaabe
10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
i have 4 walmart "emergency roadside" kits that my grandma INSISTS on buying me each christmas...

SUSHI_NE1
10-12-2010, 06:14 PM
i carry my triple A card. less weight = win. :]

Once I get my swap done in 6 months I'm a totally get AAA. I have been in so many situations where AAA would have been great to have. yes... YOU DO WIN IN MY BOOK. :-)

EDU
10-12-2010, 07:26 PM
if you have to carry tools in your car..................... you are doing it wrong! :tehehyper:

SUSHI_NE1
10-12-2010, 08:31 PM
if you have to carry tools in your car..................... you are doing it wrong! :tehehyper:

Always nice to be prepared... ESPECIALLY when your mods include suspension that is not really made for street use. Imagine you break an endlink and can replace it with an extra one in your glove box... The tools in your trunk could help with that. I know that's not really a good example, but you get the picture. LOL

urthworm
10-12-2010, 08:34 PM
When i was turbo i always had a my sams club special tool box, laptop and connection cable to kpro.... and yeah i was doing something wrong, cause me and turbo just didnt click. Turbo is kinda like that hot ass stripper you just love to f*#$k but cant seem to tame.

Tougeep3
10-14-2010, 06:25 PM
NONE, It's a HONDA. If anything actually breaks, it's going to take alot more than just tools to fix it..

Sub
10-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Does an occasional 9mm Beretta count?

Oh yes.. Yes it does Just like my .40 cal XD

EP3tuner410
10-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I have a small Thule bag in my hatch complete with 1/4 metric socket set, extensions, ratchets, 12pc screwdriver set, 5pc panel/clip popper set, and long and stubby wrench sets.

All Mac products!!!

As well as a Booster Pack Jump Box.

You can never be too careful as far as I'm concerned!

username011
10-18-2010, 06:03 PM
This is a great thread for thieves to know exactly what is in your trunk(hopefully a bunch of valuable tools!!! OR a GUN! even more worth stealing) and the thief will even have pictures and location of the cars with said things(tools,guns) in them!

Im not being a jerk but you wont see me posting up what I got in the trunk.. I hate thiefs and Im not gonna give them any slack when it comes to the security of my car..

LLH
10-18-2010, 06:14 PM
why? if i had an old volvo 240 it would have been necessary, but not with a 6 year old honda :thumbup so just the OEM tools in my car+ two multitools with 6 diffrent scerwdrivers/torx/umbrako on each, for the stereo.. :)

27rocks
10-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Glove compartment: Two Flares, tire pressure gauge and car documents.
In cab: Big ass LED MagLite flashlight, 17mm socket with breaker bar (for my wheels)
Trunk: Bike tools lol, Clip shoes, Spare tire, Stock jack and oem lug nuts.

ttttrigg3r
10-18-2010, 06:28 PM
I have a Gerber multi tool and my lock nut key. Is it wise to keep the lock nut key in your car?

MBaG
10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I have a Gerber multi tool and my lock nut key. Is it wise to keep the lock nut key in your car?

goes both ways. leave it in & theive could find it. don't leave it in, you get a flat tire, and you're screwed.

username011
10-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Carry it with you?

or, a great place to hide stuff in the EP is behind the shifter.. easy to open up and nobody would suspect anything behind there since they never seen a shifter in the dash ! haha

EP3tuner410
10-18-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm not concerned with someone breaking in my car.

I have insurance and have had people take things that are worthless while leaving all the expensive stuff alone...lol

I could care less since i've been through it all before and every time insurance has covered me through it all!!!

makavelibranded
10-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh i try not to carry too many tools in my car.

REASON: Thieves always look inside cars to see what they can steal/get. I had couple of friends that had there own tool box inside there car and thieves use there tools to steal the car.

LOL id be pissed, but yep same here my car has nothing loose, no cds, no nothing. Ive been told from people that used to do it that non alarmed cars with random stuff in it was there favorite picks.