PDA

View Full Version : H&R sport drop

SpeedRacer
07-16-2002, 11:50 PM
anyways i already did this drop and im throwing my wheels on my car tomorrow. They are 17in Racing Heart CP10's and the tire is a nitto450 i think anyways 215/45/zrated. How long do you guys think it will be until i need new shocks and do you think i will need a camber kit? anyone in here have camber problems? if so explain please. Thanks for the help in advance guys

Sooky
07-17-2002, 01:57 PM
wow! ur getting the cp10s? tell me how they go on the road cuz theyre competition rims..... i was planning on getting them too but i'm worried that they're too soft (or that's what i heard... someone dented their rims on pot holes and other bumps 3 times in a month and got rid of em)

anyways... if they're just lowering springs, normally you wouldn't need camber kits (unless the springs dropped u 2+ inches)... plus, the cambers become less negative when you put on thicker rim/tires cuz it can't flare as much

ApexinSi
07-17-2002, 03:00 PM
Got a picture of your stock ride with the H&R's installed? If not...someone out there must have a pic!

todaCspec
07-18-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
anyways i already did this drop and im throwing my wheels on my car tomorrow.

take a pic w/H&R drop w/stock wheels and a pic w/17" rims. front and back,so we can see camber of back wheels. how the ride? can the stock shocks absorb impact over bumps in the road?

xlr8
07-18-2002, 03:42 PM
camber on the rear with h&r springs is 1.8 degrees of negative camber. i didnt buy a kit, because it handles great like this. i have pics of my stock car lowered with h&r's give me your email and i can send them to whoever

SpeedRacer
07-22-2002, 10:01 PM
you said they bend easy? I dont know but these are really really light so i like them alot. I hope they dont bend easy because i cant afford to buy new ones. 17's shouldnt bend that easy. Do you think my 215/45 tires should help so they dont bend?

civic hatch boi
08-03-2002, 12:50 AM
h&r's with stock tires.... the drop is like 1.5"-2.0" right?? so how much gap is left? i don't want the wheels to be tucked.... will there still be a little space above the tires??? cuz that's wut i want. if yes, ill buy the springs, if no space, then i won't :)

xlr8
08-03-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
h&r's with stock tires.... the drop is like 1.5"-2.0" right?? so how much gap is left? i don't want the wheels to be tucked.... will there still be a little space above the tires??? cuz that's wut i want. if yes, ill buy the springs, if no space, then i won't :)
yes alittle bit of wheel well gap