PDA

View Full Version : The SiR is comeing to AMERICA!!!

Pradamuimui
12-12-2002, 02:39 AM
This September be prepared to cream in ur pants. I mean I love my Si...but in September Im trading the pos off for a 2004 Honda Civic SiR that will have 220hp NATURALLY ASPIRATED!! This news came from a TOP Honda official from Honda of America today. This information is HIGHLY RELIABLE!! Im also being told that Acura at the same time will import the RSX Type R, followed by the highly anticipated release of the NEW NSX with a V8!! The S2000 is also getting a new motor. The SiR's will go on sale in September and they will sell for the same price as our Si's did. Oh and they also are comeing with a Brembo brake kit!! Everything else will be the same on the car. Wheels and everything!!! But 220hp OMG!!! I love my Si, but in September Im getting rid of her for the SiR. A car that really will do some damage!!!

ep3guy
12-12-2002, 03:01 AM
no f'n way... :'( i wanna see more proof, i dont wanna cry yet, noooooooooooo

Mr Sparkle
12-12-2002, 03:42 AM
Yeah, nice try idiot.

Let's see...

SiR, We have those in Canada dumbass. You mean the type R? Uh...NO! Let's see, checking for his "reliable source", hmm NONE FOUND, big surprise. A two year old could have been more convincing then your sorry ass. Next time put a few more exclamation marks and I might fall for it.

All his information is bullshit!
The same price as the Si, that's all i needed to hear.

Suk02Si
12-12-2002, 04:10 AM
who knows, maybe it will come over in september; we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW, calling the USDM version of the Type R an SiR isn't too far off either. The RSX will keep the Type R nameplate but the Civic will probably be getting the SiR name.

So Acura can have RSX base, RSX-S, RSX-R. Also might be getting the Euro Accord R as the TSX. The Civic line will probably be Ex, Si, SiR.

But who know, might just be more BS.

ssvr6
12-12-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Mr Sparkle
Yeah, nice try idiot.

Let's see...

SiR, We have those in Canada dumbass. You mean the type R? Uh...NO! Let's see, checking for his "reliable source", hmm NONE FOUND, big surprise. A two year old could have been more convincing then your sorry ass. Next time put a few more exclamation marks and I might fall for it.

All his information is bullshit!
The same price as the Si, that's all i needed to hear.

Before you bash what he's saying, you have an Si too don't you? (Uhh...like us) Only your Si is our EX.

Secondly, I'm going to have to call BS. How can we get a 220hp SiR if we can't get the 200hp CTR?

Sorry, I'm not buying.

Steve

atl-si
12-12-2002, 07:43 AM
If this is the case I will crap in my pants and never buy a Honda again. J/K! If it is true, d@mn Honda for this!

civic hatch boi
12-12-2002, 08:01 AM
just think? why would honda bring over a 220Ctr AND a 220RsxR? that doesn't make sense.. and you say the Ctr will only be 19.5K? ur nuts. who would buy a rsxR then? or even, a rsx-S? doesn't sound logical at all. honda is not willing to let acura sells suffer jsut to sell a Ctr. also, why would they UPGRADE the CTr to 220 it's only 200 in Japan/Uk. honda usually waters them down, not makes them better.

atl-si
12-12-2002, 08:02 AM
If this is the case I will crap in my pants and never buy a Honda again. J/K! If it is true, d@mn Honda for this!

SubliminalSi
12-12-2002, 08:03 AM
I'm going to have to call BS. How can we get a 220hp SiR if we can't get the 200hp CTR?

:rolleyes:

ssvr6
12-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Why are you rolling your eyes at me?

Steve

punkdork
12-12-2002, 08:43 AM
I'm just thinking.. nsx with a v8? Does honda even know how to make a v8? ;)

ssvr6
12-12-2002, 08:47 AM
Sure, they just stick 2 4cylinders next to each other.

;)

Steve

jaydub
12-12-2002, 09:19 AM
bullshitasshole, no one likes the tuna here.

IceD out N CALI
12-12-2002, 10:06 AM
not gonna happen

Jpax
12-12-2002, 10:17 AM
This facker, Stop making up storys..just because your not getting your red rider be beee gun with the compus in the stock dosnt mean you can make up storys like this... ILL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT. :mad:

jaydub
12-12-2002, 10:23 AM
http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/vtecownzyou.jpg

Jpax
12-12-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by jaydub

HAHAHAHAHA....THATS a good one.

LordKoo
12-12-2002, 10:31 AM
It can't be true! First, why would a more power SIR undersell RSX type S? Won't HOnda will be losing money on this? Second, SIR with 220hp? NO FREAKING way! JDM ITR made 217bhp, CTR is detuned even more...

If SIR is really coming, it will be in 200hp form, it will definitely price at around $20k. And I am sure there will be mark up... So, in the end, I still get a cheaper ride in my Si...

Who cares about whether K20A1 or A2 is going to come in our Si. The most important thing is K24. That thing has huge potential! The new TSX with K24 rumored is producing 190hp in stock form. Imagine a fully tuned K42 can do in our Si...

IceD out N CALI
12-12-2002, 10:33 AM

:D :D

Pradamuimui
12-12-2002, 11:30 AM
You assholes can call bullshit all you want...but my source is VERY RELIABLE!! Honda is doing this so it can stay in the ring and compete with cars like the Dodge neon SRT-4, which has 223hp, 2.4liter SOHC!! So Honda is releasing the SiR in AMERICA in SEPTEMBER with 220hp naturally aspirated!!! You can call BS if you want, but when it comes over with the RSX R in September, and Im rolling around in a SiR you all can kiss my ass!!! In June ur gonna start to here about the SiR that is comeing to America in magazines like Car and Driver etc...CALL BS NOW....but suffer the consequences LATER!!!

civic hatch boi
12-12-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Pradamuimui
You assholes can call bullshit all you want...but my source is VERY RELIABLE!! Honda is doing this so it can stay in the ring and compete with cars like the Dodge neon SRT-4, which has 223hp, 2.4liter SOHC!! So Honda is releasing the SiR in AMERICA in SEPTEMBER with 220hp naturally aspirated!!! You can call BS if you want, but when it comes over with the RSX R in September, and Im rolling around in a SiR you all can kiss my ass!!! In June ur gonna start to here about the SiR that is comeing to America in magazines like Car and Driver etc...CALL BS NOW....but suffer the consequences LATER!!!

ur mother does not count as a reliable source for HONDA!!! so stop it you gay

atl-si
12-12-2002, 11:52 AM
All this trash talking is funny as hell. Keep up the comic relief!:D :D

jaydub
12-12-2002, 11:53 AM
blah blah blah yack yack

So where are those pics of your Comptech exhaust?

sniperSI
12-12-2002, 11:53 AM
To be honest, my neighbor who has a si 00, we were talking he's all "

" i heard in spring they will be bringing the type R over here, so i am just going to wait."

Honestly i think your all right, it's all BS it would make NO MARKETING SENSE at all to bring the ctr over here, also , the R badge is reserved for honda's highest quality TRUE racing tuned cars. They will never make a Type R out of a SiR. It will either be the type R or the SI, you guys will have your SiR in CA however you would still have the SiR if the type R ever came here.

2k2_nbp_egg
12-12-2002, 11:55 AM
so stop it you gay

I second that notion. I personally don't see our buddies at Honda bringing over a car w/ 60 more horsepower than our cars for the same price. I'm willing to bet that Honda didn't make all that much money off of our EPs...so where can they afford to bring over a car that, at the price you mentioned, devour their car that did sell; the RSX, and for that matter the supposed Rs coming over.

As for the V8 NSX (*drool*) and wutever else you mentioned, strictly rumors. I can post over on thevboard that Nissan is dropping the VQ into the Spec V and tweaking the tranny even more so Nissan too can compete with Dodge and Ford. But will anybody believe me? W/O actualy proof (no don't link us to that ghey ass S2000R website) then you can claim all you want, but there aren't gonna be a whole lotta ppl that believe you. Personally, this has been the 30+ time in 2 years that i've heard of the V8 NSX coming over (lol@dual S2K w8style engine rumors) and i don't even know how many time about the civic/integra R's. After a while, it just gets annoying, even if you are telling the truth.

The point is, don't claim this shit w/o actual proof guy :(

ssvr6

You're such a tool.

Steve

hacim
So what if it is. I will keep my Si and do a motor swap and still save money. I got my Si for 17,700 and all I have to do is spend another 3k for a K20a2 set up and its basicly a CTR without the cosmetics. For a total of 20,700 I can have the same performance. Well close to it. I will wait for 3 years until the waranty expires and I only have a year worth of payments left then refinance adding an extra 4K for the whole thing. I really dont care if the SiR or the CTR come, not only that in 3 years everything will be cheaper and more readily avalibe.

IceD out N CALI
12-12-2002, 11:56 AM
this is funny:D

atl-si
12-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Man this tread, "IT'S GETTING HOT IN HERRE"!! ;)

Surprise
12-12-2002, 12:07 PM
I was talking to this guy who says he knows a ton about inside Honda stuff. Aight he said that the Civic Type-R is coming to America, but it is going to be from the last generation civic HB because no one likes the new body style, oh and it will have a 250 hp B series motor in it with 11 psi boost!! Dude it is all true just wait and find out SCC will break it first. ;) ;)

sniperSI
12-12-2002, 12:14 PM
Our SI has been on the market for 6 months people, that is not enough time for honda to gather data on how well it's selling. Also i see civic SI hatch backs as often as i see the 00 si's. Our cars are not about the selling#'s and honda has made plenty of money off our cars judging from the people on here who have all paid on an avg about 1500 over cost of the car from the factory. And you know MSRP 17,700 is not even close to what it really costs honda to mass produce a car. it's probably something like 14k per car it costs them MOST LIKELY LESS after working in cost of labor, parts, shipping and advertising 17,700 sounds about a fair price msrp.

ANYWAYS.

If you weight out the pros and cons, and how honda has acted in the past, there is probably no way they are ever bringing the CTR over here. The maybe the RSX Type R but what is the last honda you saw over here with the honda name on it bearing the TYPE R. NONE, it's all acura, if anything the Integra will be the only are over here.

Just like the last run of SI's they had the 00 SI and the 00 ITR, just like 2003 will probably be 03 SI , 03 RsxTR, who wants to bet me?

2k2_nbp_egg
12-12-2002, 12:16 PM
I was talking to this guy who says he knows a ton about inside Honda stuff. Aight he said that the Civic Type-R is coming to America, but it is going to be from the last generation civic HB because no one likes the new body style, oh and it will have a 250 hp B series motor in it with 11 psi boost!! Dude it is all true just wait and find out SCC will break it first.

No no no dude, yrou sourses rrr bunk f00! My mom who works for Sumitomo knows this guy who is friends with the brother of some guy who works for Honda. She told me...everybody complained about the weight so they brought back the CRX body and dumped a twin turbo'd Mugen internaled NSX 3.2 V6 making a whopping 630ft/lb of tq @ 2000 rpm (on a honda dude!!!11!1!1!!!!!) on the CRV's AWD drivetrain. I think SCC got a high 14 or low 15 out of it and named it best compact car under 5000 dollars. All of you that don't believe me can suck it!!!! :rolleyes:

LordKoo
12-12-2002, 12:20 PM

Whatever man! You can have your SIR and go fast. But if I want to fast, I will be saving up for C32 or M5. By then, you will have to kiss my C32 or M5's ass... Yeah... go ahead waste money on the dealers' mark up for bloody mid six second car!

FYI, Dodge Neon SRT4 is DOHC 2.4, you pig!

Why would I end up suffering consequences when I am not parting any monetary value here? You are the one who will be suffering the consequences...

BTW, where is your Comptech exhaust picture? All talk, no show... Pathetic "Mui Mui" = "little sister" in cantonese you pig...

sniperSI
12-12-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg

No no no dude, yrou sourses rrr bunk f00! My mom who works for Sumitomo knows this guy who is friends with the brother of some guy who works for Honda. She told me...everybody complained about the weight so they brought back the CRX body and dumped a twin turbo'd Mugen internaled NSX 3.2 V6 making a whopping 630ft/lb of tq @ 2000 rpm (on a honda dude!!!11!1!1!!!!!) on the CRV's AWD drivetrain. I think SCC got a high 14 or low 15 out of it and named it best compact car under 5000 dollars. All of you that don't believe me can suck it!!!! :rolleyes:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

sniperSI
12-12-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by LordKoo

FYI, Dodge Neon SRT4 is DOHC 2.4, you pig!

Yeah but, It's a dodge.

atl-si
12-12-2002, 12:25 PM
Keep it coming guys! I'm enjoying this thread.:D

my02si
12-12-2002, 01:11 PM
When I bought my car, I asked the sales man about it... I bought my car in Aug 2002 area and he said it would be like 1 to 2 years before they came, but that they were suppose too. Of course he could have been BSing me as well!!!!!!

pocketrocket
12-12-2002, 01:16 PM
personally, I'm waiting for honda to bring over the new prelude V-Spec Type SS. It's a joint production between Honda/Nissan/and GM. It's a dope ass 9th Gen Prelude body and chassis, with a Turbo'd Chevy 350, all ran through a skyline drivetrain. It's supposed to have 850hp, but sadly only 132ft/lbs of torque (it is a Honda).

Honestly though, if Honda wanted to compete with forced induction, they'd have to bring forced induction. A turbo'd K20A3, with it's lower compression, would compete quite nicely with the SRT4. Running just a few lbs of boost should bump it up to 220hp quite easliy. But Honda won't go there. Honda will not produce the Civic Type-R over here, it would just not make economical sense for the Acura branch. It would be like Honda bringing over the TypeR and selling it for less than the current Si and still expecting people to buy the Si. I actually think our A3 is a prime motor for FI. Just like the 'Teggy LS was instead of the GSR/Type R.
Enjoy what you have, or in Pradamuimui's case, don't have, and move on.

-PR

2fastcivic
12-12-2002, 02:34 PM
wheres the mod at? u need to delete this thread cause its just a waste of space.

SubliminalSi
12-12-2002, 02:46 PM
I wasnt rolling them at you ssvr, i was reapting what you said, with a roll;)

Pradamuimui
12-12-2002, 02:49 PM
KISS MY ASS...KISS MY ASS...and after I get my 2004 SiR you will be kissing my ass!!!!

IceD out N CALI
12-12-2002, 03:23 PM
:rolleyes:

jaydub
12-12-2002, 03:28 PM
http://www.boxoff.com/jpg/jan01/schulze.jpg
BULLSHIT ASSHOLE

jaydub
12-12-2002, 04:05 PM
http://www.jjanego.com/images/upload/cap013.jpg

2k2_nbp_egg
12-12-2002, 04:16 PM
http://www.jjanego.com/images/upload/cap013.jpg

LOL pwahahahahaha!!!

Prada - if you are going to be so blind as to realize that a sevear bump in power won't mean extra cash...then fine. If ANY 220 HP EP makes it to the states....i can guarantee that you are going to have to drop more than your used Si and 2 or 3 grand. If you want to deal with trading your car in, getting hassled by the dealer etc then fine. Spend your cash on a new car. At least it will be under warranty right? I mean, the fact that I could take the money that you spend and make a very reliable setup that would absolutely destroy a type R on my si means nothing to you right? Whatever...to each his own.

ssvr6
12-12-2002, 04:19 PM
Well, all good things must come to an end.

When you get your SiR from the Wizard at the Emerald City, get yourself a brain too.

Steve