PDA

View Full Version : Performance Tie Rods?

Rgiammar
09-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Is there such a things?
Basically want to know if there is anything i can do to lessen the chance of hurting my steering rack etc. after lowering my car on Megan Coilovers.
Thanks in advanced!

Ronnie
09-19-2010, 08:18 PM
yup, you can either run inverted tie rod ends or u can do steering rack adaptor (0879's)
-
inverted tie rod ends are much better IMO except the fact that u have to stick u head under the wheel every once in a month and lubricate them.
GL

ep_hatcher_510
09-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Megans have the straight arms, you should not need them.

makavelibranded
09-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Megans have the straight arms, you should not need them.

the old megan coilovers did not the new models

teemfedx
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
so i have a similar question that ill piggyback onto this thread....

i just lowered my car on ksports (basic model). i looks good, but i am very worried about the angle of the rack, and its not even that low...im not even tucking the top of the tire in the front or rear (stock rims/tire size)...im looking to go much lower...how much will the inverted ends help the angle...i want to go about 2 inches lower...slammed and remove the inner wheel well liner to really tuck the tires...

is this possible with just the inverted rods...or would more parts or modifications needed to be done...

i hear a clicking from the front two coilovers that sounds exactly like the click your turn indicator makes...it does it randomly while driving. not just going over bumps or turning, but compeltly random...it only makes the sound while driving because i can jump on the car and make the front bounce and the sound isnt there.

any thoughts

Rgiammar
09-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Im on the newer style coilovers, maybe its time for some new OEM tie rods. i also have a clicking noise, however mine clicks only the first time i turn the wheel after it has been sitting for a few hours.