PDA

View Full Version : Help me hardwire my Valentine 1

hamproof
12-12-2002, 11:09 AM
In my previous car, there was an unused fuse location that was switched. So, it was real easy to hardwire it since drivers of said car have said that the empty fuse location was safe to use.

Now that I have the EP, I find I have to share an existing fuse for power. Here's my question. I bought an "expand 1 fuse outlet to 2" thingy that I'm planning to try this evening. Here are my questions.

The "thingy" says DO NOT use it for anything over 10A. So, looking in the fuse box, I see the radio being a possibility. I was planning on using the Cigarette ACC but that is 15A. So can I safely hardwire the V1 to the RADIO fuse location using the "thingy"?

Prior to this, I wrapped the red wire from the V1 hardwire kit to the fuse in ACC but it didn't work. I think that's because 1)The resulting fuse size was too big and I couldn't insert it enough to make connection 2) The ground cable from the hardwire kit wasn't connected. Though for the latter, I am not sure if it matters.

I would like to connect it to the 15A ACC fuse location since I've read that tapping it into the RADIO power supply will often degrade the performance of the V1 in a Honda. Anyone knows how short of me trying to wrap the wires around the fuse and attempt to jam it into the fuse box again?

I also would like to cleanly run the phone lines. But I'm having trouble routing it at the extreme corner where the A-Pillar/Windshield/Dash meets. There's hardly any gap there. Anyone knows if we can remove the dash or somehow pry it open?

I've read (from this forum) that you can easily pry the A-Pillar cover off. I tried it many times and failed each and every time. Often I get scratches on the plastic trim (scratches so easily too).

TIA

hamproof
12-12-2002, 11:15 AM
I see there's a fuse location for DRL. Since NA cars do not have this option, can I use this as a power source?? Anyone knows if there's even power coming from this location for our NA cars? Sorry, but I don't have a voltmeter. TIA.

XHawkeye
12-12-2002, 12:24 PM
Here