PDA

View Full Version : exhaust ideas!!!

gamma6
09-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey ephatchers! well i was shopping for a catback exhaust and came across bbp from ebay on an thread a few weeks ago, i was highly considering that option but due to recent thefts around my neighborhood i wanna keep things looking relatively stock to not attract that much more attention. So my question is what parts of the exhaust system would i be able to get that would increase hp gains and give it a bit louder tone than stock. For example, getting either a midpipe, test pipe or bigger piping... etc. I do not have a clue as to how the gains run for these mods but i have done a bit of searching around and havent found the answer... all just give feed back about how they like it and stuff... Just want my exhaust to be a bit louder keeping the stock axle-back with some hp gains, and it be CA smog legal...
mods on the engine: short ram intake
thanks!!!

chiwhitesi
09-21-2010, 01:33 PM
i would tell you to search as there are many options

couple off the top of my head are:

RSX mid pipe
meagan mid pipe
T1R midpipe if you can find one (discontinued i believe)

gamma6
09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
0i did try doin some research and looking at vids but none really answer my question, plus i wanna do the big three (i/h/e) some day so would i be wasting my $ just for a louder sound?

T_Virus
09-22-2010, 12:23 PM
injen sp1576, comptech shorty header and apex ws ...that way you'll still be legal and have the stock look. You'll probably be around 147-153whp. I made 153whp with injen sp1576, comptech shorty header and hks hi-power. Another sac ep buddy (polorob) made 155whp with injen sp1576, comptech shorty header with custom exhaust.

lazeebeast35
09-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I have comptech exhaust, dcrh, and aem v2. I wanna change to injen cold air but the setup is pretty good and sounds good. Just the droning on the freeway that got annoying. Today i just switch out the muffler to the 07 SI muffle though. It sounds really good and feels a bit better too for some reason. Idk i like it lol.

gamma6
09-22-2010, 05:48 PM
injen sp1576, comptech shorty header and apex ws ...that way you'll still be legal and have the stock look. You'll probably be around 147-153whp. I made 153whp with injen sp1576, comptech shorty header and hks hi-power. Another sac ep buddy (polorob) made 155whp with injen sp1576, comptech shorty header with custom exhaust.

i have a short ram already, so maybe ill check out the shorty and look into a custom exhaust, i met him at a meet this summer and he said he got his piping for like 75 bucks! (if i recall correctly) i wonder where he got it:shrug: