PDA

View Full Version : Non Racing Ticket

SpeedRacer
07-16-2002, 11:59 PM
this really blows goats. I was driving down west wood blvd going with the flow of traffic not passing anybody, not changing lanes just driving with everyone else. I pass a street and i look to my right and notice a cop pulling out and im like whatever im not doing anything wrong next thing i know im on the side of the road "licence and registration please" damn pigs. anyways he said i was doin 51 in a 35 and he got me on radar so im like ok fair you got me on radar what can i do but let me see your radar i asked the officer. The Pig told me he already deleted the speed of the radar what an ass i really dont think he ever got me on a radar. Will i win this in court since the officer said he radared me and he has no proof of it? any suggestions? sorry about the long post but im Pissed. I have got tickets in the past lots of them actually and i deserved probly all of them but this one was way out of left field i cant belive this shit im having a hard enough time paying insurance as it is. Please help.

HondaMan
07-17-2002, 11:45 AM
I would fight it during your court date and it sounds like you could win. Good luck!

Sooky
07-17-2002, 01:33 PM
i'm not sure if this is true, but this is what i heard ...

fighting radars are pretty easy, cuz if they're miscallibrated by a little on the court date, then u win... and chances are that most of these radar thingies aren't that accurate

punkdork
07-17-2002, 03:30 PM
There are lots of loopholes in radar laws and they vary from state to state. Most states do not require the officer to show you the radar gun as proof. All it really proves is they radared SOMETHING at the given speed. If you really want out your best bet is to find a good traffic lawyer. There is a lawyer up here in King County (seattle) that can get anyone out of anything (almost). In the long run the $300+ fee is worth the savings on insurance as well as not giving money to the city as that's all speed enforcement is, revenue generation.