PDA

View Full Version : JRSC Knock ???

eurosteez
09-24-2010, 10:43 PM
I've been rollin with the laptop everywhere loggin data with kpro and i just wanna rant on how epic it is. I feel like Kit rollin in the knight rider or something. :mconfused: but anyways heres the question....

Between 1.5-3.8 or so RPM in 4th and 5th gear, at WOT there is quite a bit of knock (40/hr). is this normal? Other than that she's purrin and i can't stop dataloggin

Anyone else gettin knock? im an eternal newb BTW

superchargedk20
09-24-2010, 11:08 PM
are u tuned? its very common to get phantom knocks especially with a JRSC. Our knock sensor is very sensative and remember its wasnt made to detect knock on a supercharged engine.

Hybrid_Hatch
09-25-2010, 08:52 AM
once you figure out if its ghost knock or not you can take some timing away in that spot, if the car loses power, it was prob ghost knock, if power stays the same but knock goes away it was real knock.

vbpracer
09-25-2010, 09:37 AM
If you have a good tune then it is nothing to worry about. I have a about 300 knocks within minutes, phantom knocks. The sensor is just super sensitive, and the heavy loud.

eurosteez
09-27-2010, 12:17 PM
yea i think theyre just phantom knocks cuz it was tuned and u cant hear pinging at all, its just the sensitive knock sensor...thx fellas.