PDA

View Full Version : Question for Ep owners with kids.

HondaGamer
09-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Any of you out there have kids and still use your Ep? Is it a pain in the ass to deal with the car seat in the little ass back seat or is it easier than it looks? I got my first baby coming and I really dont wanna trade in the Ep for a family car cause I love my Ep way too much.

Hybrid_Hatch
09-25-2010, 09:16 AM
I got 2 kids (not babies in a car seat) but I give my buddy rides to and from the store a few times a week and we put his car seat and 6 month old in my ep and its not bad, when my kids where young I had them in a ek hatch which seemed a little harder than the ep, I say keep the ep.

K20wagon
09-25-2010, 09:19 AM
I have a 1 1/2 yr old and still use my EP with him. The only time its really a pain is when they are newborns and they have to ride with there car seat facing backwards but when they can have the car seat facing forward its not to bad. My son loves riding in my EP. He is always ready to go for a ride.

HondaGamer
09-25-2010, 09:33 AM
My main worry was the rear facing car seat but Im sure I can make it work just fine if You guys can. I appreciate the help

Hybrid_Hatch
09-25-2010, 09:44 AM
if you get one of the car seats that has a detachable base even rear facing car seats arnt bad at all, keep the base strapped in and just click the rest of the seat into the base/holder.

HondaGamer
09-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Thats what we are getting but the more I would look in the back the more worried I got cause I didnt wanna get rid of the Ep. Everybody tells me its a pain in any 2 door car but I figured I would go straight to the source and ask here.

Manny Kid 15
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
i dont have any kids but when i would put my baby brother in my EP it just was frustrating having to always move the front seats and it seamed easier to get him in my Corolla but thats cause its a 4-door....but i would say it is going to take patience when dealing with the hatch...Also Congrats on the baby on the way

talonXracer
09-25-2010, 10:20 AM
The rear seats work fine for restraining munchkins, their requirements for foot room actually fits the vehicle whereas adults are SOL.

But I no longer have any rear seats so the car seat goes up front when my nephew goes along for a ride. Had a trooper pull me over for him being up front, I told the trooper that there were no rear seats in the EP3(mine has a flat deck all the way back), he looked, chuckled, handed back the license and reg and said have a nice day, walked back to his car shaking his head.

HondaGamer
09-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah patience will most definitley be needed ut then again once I get the base in it should be just an easy snap in and out I hope.

Thank you on the congratulations and the help everybody it makes me feel a little better and not worry about having to ditch the Ep

dirtyduck17
09-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I have a 5 month old and at first I thought it might be a hassle too. I have the infant seat mounted behind the driver's seat (I'm 5'7") and just flip the backrest forward when I need to load the muchkin. The most difficult part is lifting her and the seat out when I get places because she's a big baby. (18+ lbs now) Congrats on the yougin dude!!

EDU
09-25-2010, 12:22 PM
i have 2 kids BUT also i have 5 cars.. haha needles to say i dont drive my ep when i take the kids

sleepy ep3
09-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Get a car seat that has an adjustable base since the seats slant back a little bit, otherwise your baby will be leaning forward whe the seat is facing backward.

Chinitodenj
09-26-2010, 10:06 AM
i have a son thats a year old and i have an rsx and an ep and i dont have any issue putting him in the back. so what, if you have the move the seats foward, it takes 5 seconds of your life to do it. congrtas on the newborn

mp_02si
09-27-2010, 05:21 AM
My son is 8 months old right now and my ep is our dd family car. I miss when he was a newborn because we could use the detachable base and I could just drop him right in. He has grown a little faster than most kids and we had to step it up to one of those carseats that doubles as a foward facing and a rear facing. I can tell you now yes it is not the easiest thing in the world but it can be done no problem. I do it every single day and dont have any troubles. Congrats on your new addition.

HondaGamer
09-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Awesome. Now I feel great about not trading my car in. I almost did the other day. I appreciate all your help and thank you all for the congratulations. I am going to be buying the car seat this weekend so I have plenty of practice while its empty so Im not banging the baby around lol.

[Sip]
09-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Dam right, keep it. I totally would :) ! I actually bought my EP from a couple with a newborn...they didn't want to sell it, but thought a bigger car would be better.

CajunSi
09-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Just keep the EP, my daughter is 20 months now but when she was in the rear facing seat I would put her between the driver and passenger seat and didn't have any problems with it. My kids love riding in the EP and would probably hate if I got rid of it.

02 honda civicS
09-30-2010, 09:43 AM
I dont think it will be problem if you have the detachable infant seat. back sear area is pretty roomy compare to other hatch.

SI in GA
09-30-2010, 10:32 AM
You shouldn't have any problems. I've had my EP for over five years. Had a five year old and a 1 year old back then when new. Had a booster and car seat in the back at the same time. But I didn't buy the Civic to be a family car its my main get around, we also have a Quest for the whole family.

SinisterCivicSi
10-01-2010, 05:50 AM
i have had my ep 8 years now and i love it... my oldest son was 8 when i got it and it was perfect. NOW that i have an infant (he will be 1 on the 16th) i REALLY dont like my car as the mommy-mobile. i am going to keep the car but i am getting a ridgeline in the next month or two to be the mommy-mobile... the ep is just too hard getting a car seat in and out. i also have a bad back and previous back surgery so that is part of my problem.

HondaGamer
10-01-2010, 09:26 AM
What Im probably gonna do is try it out for the first couple of months and se how I like it and come tax return time Ill know whether to keep it or trade it in. The baby will be here the end of this month :nervous::whoa: so thats enough time to know for sure.

SinisterCivicSi
10-01-2010, 09:28 AM
congrats!! sounds like a good plan. there is plenty of room in the back for the carseat... its just getting it in and out that can be taxing on your back. . . well. . . mine at least!

27rocks
10-01-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't see a problem with having to flip the seat and putting something back there. I don't have any kids, but i regularly put crap back there and it doesn't bother me. If you're not a lazy person its not a big deal. It takes what a total of 15 to 20 seconds at most to put a car seat back there?

2K3 EP3
10-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Any of you out there have kids and still use your Ep? Is it a pain in the ass to deal with the car seat in the little ass back seat or is it easier than it looks? I got my first baby coming and I really dont wanna trade in the Ep for a family car cause I love my Ep way too much.

its not a pain at all. my son loves the Si EP3 since day 1. his favorite car is the vivid blue pearl 2k3ep3. do not trade in ur car for a family car. the ep3 can be a family car if u think of it that way.

satanicboner666
10-04-2010, 11:46 PM
buy mugen car seat, bolt in child, enjoy 1 manpower in 18 years.

Grookes
10-05-2010, 12:57 PM
if you get one of the car seats that has a detachable base even rear facing car seats arnt bad at all, keep the base strapped in and just click the rest of the seat into the base/holder.

+1
Got my EP in '02, same year my daughter was born. Had a son a couple years later. The passenger seat slides forward far enough to make it very work-able.

Additionally, when you finally get to the forward-facing child seat, there's enough room to crouch down in front of the back seat while strapping the kid in. That's especially nice when it's pouring rain. You can't do that as easily with a 4-door - you just accept that you'll get wet.

HondaGamer
10-09-2010, 05:32 AM
I just tried 3 different rear facing seats last night (all different brands) and none of them fit good. The passenger seat had to slide all the way up to where my wife could barely squeeze in. Looks like I might be trading in the Ep after all :mcry: