PDA

View Full Version : New TPS

talonXracer
09-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Russ at Hybrid sent me a new TPS to test out, The Omni TPS didnt fair too well, lasted a whole month.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/newinterior056.jpg

Onasty
09-25-2010, 07:41 PM
looks perrrty but y not stay oem with sensors

talonXracer
09-26-2010, 06:13 AM
The OEM sensor is NOT availale on it's own, why purchase a new TB just for a sensor?

Lucid Moments
09-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Good deal Doug.

Have they ever come out with their throttle body? The one that retains cruise control?

VIZHUNZ02SI
09-26-2010, 08:24 AM
yeah i've been reading that the omni power tps are garbage. im not to sure on the blox one. but i think some one posted that the hybrid one has the oem imprint under the sticker.

talonXracer
09-26-2010, 08:55 AM
yeah i've been reading that the omni power tps are garbage. im not to sure on the blox one. but i think some one posted that the hybrid one has the oem imprint under the sticker.

They all use a generic oem Keihin casing.

The internals are where the differences are at, the oem internal boards are thin and failure prone with decent sized leads, the aftermarket ones have improved boards but ultra flimsy leads and contacts The Hybrid is supposed to have the best of all worlds, improved board, leads and contacts.

VERY FEW stock engines, if any, will see a TPS fail, it is when you start adding engine mounts and other modifications that vibrations rise and the internals of the TPS start failing, the thermal intake gaskets help insulate the TB from some vibrations.

VIZHUNZ02SI
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
cost please

talonXracer
09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Good deal Doug.

Have they ever come out with their throttle body? The one that retains cruise control?

Yes it is out in both 70mm and 74mm, and has the dual bolt pattern for either the PRB or RBC manis with no adaptor needed.

SUSHI_NE1
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
I heard the same about the Omni TPS's but didn't listen and I keep on having TPS problems... only worked for like a month too. I also have solid race mounts so I'm wondering if maybe this is all why I'm still not fixing the problem... So is there any other TPS that wont have issues?

Lucid Moments
09-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Yes it is out in both 70mm and 74mm, and has the dual bolt pattern for either the PRB or RBC manis with no adaptor needed.

Damn. I was hoping they wouldn't ever come out with it so then I wouldn't have to buy it and get my inlet ported to match. Grrrrr

talonXracer
09-27-2010, 04:59 PM
ROFL, you kill me Mike! ROFL