Esras02si
09-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Can someone let me know what these codes are for. Thanks
P1259
P1166
P1167

kenscivic
09-27-2010, 10:19 AM
quick googling pulled this up (could be wrong but only spent 2 seconds on this)
p1259- vtec malfunction
p1166-(A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction
P1167 Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction
P1167 Heated Oxygen Sensor Sensor1 (Primary LAF HO2S) Heater System
Malfunction

Deadphishy
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Googling it yourself = 30 seconds to find your answer
Posting it on a forum = 2 hours and 34 mins for someone else to take 30 seconds to find your answer.
lesson learned = timeless.

Esras02si
09-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Well thanks for the help. Next time dont bother wasting your precious time. God dam. I was looking for more info, like what to do to fix these problems.

kenscivic
09-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Can someone let me know what these codes are for. Thanks
P1259
P1166
P1167

Well thanks for the help. Next time dont bother wasting your precious time. God dam. I was looking for more info, like what to do to fix these problems.

I did not complain so calm yourself down there tiger.. Read what I typed it is pretty obvious what the issue PROBABLY is: Oxygen sensor and something with vtec. So get off your ass and check the parts the code is related to. Or post up in the regional section and wait for somebody to drive to your house to help your lazy ass out.

I was polite and answered YOUR QUESTION

*edit*

also could possibly be a heatercore fuse (very unlikely)

Deadphishy
09-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Well thanks for the help. Next time dont bother wasting your precious time. God dam.

It's not about wasting our time. It's about discovering ways to help yourself when you can, instead of relying on others. This forum is great, and Kenscivic didn't have to help you out, but he chose to, and that is big on his part. Next time if you ask a pretty simple question, you might not get a response at all, and then where does that leave you?

Doug (talonXracer) took a lot of his time to make this for the forum. It was in the engine sticky section. which is always the first place i look.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48833

Sounds like you have a bad Primary 02 sensor. They cost about 150 dollars so make sure that is it before you buy a new one. Is your car in limp mode? (wont rev past 4k)

Esras02si
09-27-2010, 12:45 PM
It's not about wasting our time. It's about discovering ways to help yourself when you can, instead of relying on others. This forum is great, and Kenscivic didn't have to help you out, but he chose to, and that is big on his part. Next time if you ask a pretty simple question, you might not get a response at all, and then where does that leave you?

Doug (talonXracer) took a lot of his time to make this for the forum. It was in the engine sticky section. which is always the first place i look.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48833

Sounds like you have a bad Primary 02 sensor. They cost about 150 dollars so make sure that is it before you buy a new one. Is your car in limp mode? (wont rev past 4k)

Look I was on three hours of sleep I posted the codes before I went to bed figuring I would have an answer by then. Usually people on here are good at answering questions so I figured id ask. Im sure Doug made the forum to help people out not give people a hard time for asking a question. If no one had posted anything when I woke up I would have looked it up myself. I appreciate the help but not the smart ass comments. Thank you.

Esras02si
09-27-2010, 12:46 PM
I did not complain so calm yourself down there tiger.. Read what I typed it is pretty obvious what the issue PROBABLY is: Oxygen sensor and something with vtec. So get off your ass and check the parts the code is related to. Or post up in the regional section and wait for somebody to drive to your house to help your lazy ass out.

I was polite and answered YOUR QUESTION

*edit*

also could possibly be a heatercore fuse (very unlikely)

The vtec issue is the one im curious as to what could be wrong.

kenscivic
09-27-2010, 12:48 PM
The vtec issue is the one im curious as to what could be wrong.

Could be the solenoid but typically there is a specific code for the solenoid. I am not too familiar with the "vtec" system buttt I would def. check fuses first (just b/c they are the simplest thing) after that I would start researching on some other sites and find out a common fault with the system.

RHCP0801
09-27-2010, 01:00 PM
check your oil level, that is probably the cause of the vtec code

Deadphishy
09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
check your oil level, that is probably the cause of the vtec code

He might also want to clean the Oil screen between the Vtec unit and the head. If it is dirty it will reduce the Oil pressure to the unit which key to Vtec engagment.

Deadphishy
09-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Look I was on three hours of sleep I posted the codes before I went to bed figuring I would have an answer by then. Usually people on here are good at answering questions so I figured id ask. Im sure Doug made the forum to help people out not give people a hard time for asking a question. If no one had posted anything when I woke up I would have looked it up myself. I appreciate the help but not the smart ass comments. Thank you.

Well, i hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. However if in the future you more want help, it is my advise that you put in a little effort on your end. Or the level of help that you get will not be very high. And you should be more specific with your question if you want a more specific queston.

3 hours of sleep is no excuse.