PDA

View Full Version : Ac question and others ones as well.

ebizzle361
09-27-2010, 04:34 PM
1. I replaced my compressor, had it evac'd and refilled. Went to turn it on to check and the compressor wasnt turning on nor were the fans. Figured it might be a relay. replaced it with the horn relay and still nothing. we probed the wire connector to the compressor and it kicked on. Ive read a few other threads and it said something about the switch under the battery tray. Could that be it? If so, do i have to drain all the freeon out?

2. When its early morning and theres a lot of dew from the humidity or whatever, my car doesnt want to fire up sometimes. It takes about 2 or 3 minutes of cranking and stopping to fire it up (I dont crank it for 2-3 mintues straight).

3. My alternator fuse blew one day and the cel and battery light came on, speedo quit working. figured out that it was just a fuse and replaced it and it fired up fine. then my temp gauge quit working. I checked all fuses and there werent any that were popped. Could it be the coolant temp sensor? And if so, can someone post an illustration or part number?

Thanks for the help

Deadphishy
09-28-2010, 06:33 AM
the temp sensor is located on the drivers side of the head. It is just under the valve cover seal, and below the cam phase sensors. It is right in the middle of the side of the head. You will have to look hard for it, as it is barried behind the heater core piping.

With all of these fuses blowing and the speedo not working it might be a good idea to take a look at your grounds. Make sure they are all connected, add new ones if you can.
I can't get my own AC to work, so i'm little help with you on that one.

About the starting early morning. Could be a handful of things. Your Fuel pump might be going bad, You might have an open vac line allowing moisture into the motor, maybe its a ground problem and you not getting good spark.

ebizzle361
09-29-2010, 07:25 AM
I noticed the other day that there were only two grounds. one for the battery that goes to the tranny and another thats on the top of the idler pulley and the mount. I need more than that right? Would that cause fuses to blow? I also saw where the temp sensor was that you were talking about. that would probably be the cause for my temp gauge not working? If so ill be replacing that today.

ebizzle361
09-30-2010, 02:26 PM
???