PDA

View Full Version : how to datalog?

RHCP0801
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
yea its a n00b question but i dont know how to datalog. Getting an etune by jeff evans and i have to send him some datalogs. Looked on hondata and that didnt help much

Looked around on kmanager and all i have to do is click the lightning bolt to start than hit it again to stop it? i need a 20sec warm idle, 10 min highway and 10 min city driving along with two 3rd gear pulls

helpppp lol

AUTiger
09-27-2010, 07:17 PM
hit the lightning bolt and then the red button next to it to record the datalog. Hit the red button to stop the recording and then hit the lightning bolt to stop datalogging. Then go to the datalog tab and save the datalog

RHCP0801
09-27-2010, 07:31 PM
thank you very much!

Ba82Ep3
09-28-2010, 07:25 AM
And dont accidentally click the lightningbolt again before you save... youll lose what you just datalogged! lol

RHCP0801
09-28-2010, 09:33 AM
hahahah i wont lol

AUTiger
09-28-2010, 10:08 AM
I believe until you close k-manager it is labeled "untitled" with a corresponding number under the datalog tab so you wouldn't necessarily lose that log. Just make sure you open them and save them with a name that signifies which run it was before closing out k-manager.

Ba82Ep3
09-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Unless its changed since the last time i datalogged, if you click the bolt to start and then stop the KDL... then click the bolt again w/o saving... you lose that KDL.

I did it once by accident because i was using the track pad on my laptop and the pointer just happened to be on the bolt when i touched the pad which "clicked" the pointer and started the KDL over again... losing my previous KDL. I had to reduce trackpad sensitivity so i didnt get a 'click' when i touched the pad to move the pointer. : (

VIZHUNZ02SI
09-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Unless its changed since the last time i datalogged, if you click the bolt to start and then stop the KDL... then click the bolt again w/o saving... you lose that KDL.

I did it once by accident because i was using the track pad on my laptop and the pointer just happened to be on the bolt when i touched the pad which "clicked" the pointer and started the KDL over again... losing my previous KDL. I had to reduce trackpad sensitivity so i didnt get a 'click' when i touched the pad to move the pointer. : (
still applies. i tend to hit the lightning bolt then red button once done with dataloging jus hit save as under datalog. then click the red button after to stop

RHCP0801
09-28-2010, 07:40 PM
did it all tonight, worked out good