PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirror Removal Help!

smashinvtec
09-28-2010, 12:33 AM
just got a quick question. does anyone know how to take off the rear view mirror and the black sticker lookin thing off the windshield?

talonXracer
09-28-2010, 04:55 AM
There should be a tab that is lifted and the mirror slides off the metal mount. The little metal mount is usually superglued to the windshield, removal is not easy, and can be costly when you crack the windshield.

ImportCustomx
09-28-2010, 05:54 AM
ill buy the mirror off you if you dont want it. i need an oem one

smashinvtec
09-28-2010, 09:58 PM
yea i know. idk if im gonna do it anymore. i bought a five panel mirror and i cant get it to stay in the headliner. so idk does anyone know how to get the five panel mirror to stay up. the headliner is tooo weak to hold it up.

usedep3
09-28-2010, 10:05 PM
yea, the metal mount/tab is not worth taking off.

you're gonna want to bolt the 5 panel (rallye/wink) mirror to where you're visors go. if you're smart about it, you'll be able to keep your visors and partially use them.

smashinvtec
09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
yea, the metal mount/tab is not worth taking off.

you're gonna want to bolt the 5 panel (rallye/wink) mirror to where you're visors go. if you're smart about it, you'll be able to keep your visors and partially use them.

its a wink. and thats wut i was thinkin. but idk how to do it. i dont wanna mess anything up. do u know where i can find out how to do it. or a video on it of some sort?

usedep3
09-28-2010, 10:18 PM
each visors is clipped in on one end. the other end is bolted in. use a flat head screw driver to pry the cover off. then with unscrew the 2 bolts holding the visor. the rest is self explainitory.

smashinvtec
09-28-2010, 10:22 PM
each visors is clipped in on one end. the other end is bolted in. use a flat head screw driver to pry the cover off. then with unscrew the 2 bolts holding the visor. the rest is self explainitory.

thanks man. ill give it a shot. i really like the mirror. ill post a pic once i got it on.

usedep3
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
good luck. it'll be cake. the mirror is new, right?, you have the 2 L-brakets and the 2 l-brackets/plates that come with the mirror, right?

smashinvtec
09-28-2010, 10:30 PM
good luck. it'll be cake. the mirror is new, right?, you have the 2 L-brakets and the 2 l-brackets/plates that come with the mirror, right?

yea its all new. i have all the brakets.

usedep3
09-29-2010, 06:10 AM
:thumbu:

4lugSLUG
09-29-2010, 08:00 AM
that 5 panel thing is gay!! I got a convex one that sets my rear view to a panoramic view. I can see everything out of my 2 rear windows on both sides. I also put some of those little circle convex mirrors on the side mirrors.

usedep3
09-30-2010, 12:45 PM
that 5 panel thing is gay!! I got a convex one that sets my rear view to a panoramic view. I can see everything out of my 2 rear windows on both sides. I also put some of those little circle convex mirrors on the side mirrors.

i agree that it's not for everybody, but i love mine. i'd rather have this than those little circular mirrors on my side mirrors.

smashinvtec
09-30-2010, 11:44 PM
i agree that it's not for everybody, but i love mine. i'd rather have this than those little circular mirrors on my side mirrors.

ok i got it on just like u told me. thnx for the advise. now i just gotta take the old one out

usedep3
10-01-2010, 05:48 AM
ok i got it on just like u told me. thnx for the advise. now i just gotta take the old one out

:thumbu: :mbiggrin:

it pops off. i forget how to do it, but iirc it should just pop right off

smashinvtec
10-01-2010, 08:06 AM
:thumbu: :mbiggrin:

it pops off. i forget how to do it, but iirc it should just pop right off

i was told there is a tab on it. but i tried pushin up the tab and it wont move. i diddnt try too hard. but today ill try again.

27rocks
10-01-2010, 11:17 AM

Now that is "gay"!!! You dont need those plus they look retarded. What you need is to learn how to place your mirrors correctly. All the mirrors on my car are OEM and i have 0 blind spots.

smashinvtec
10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Now that is "gay"!!! You dont need those plus they look retarded. What you need is to learn how to place your mirrors correctly. All the mirrors on my car are OEM and i have 0 blind spots.

ok thats ur opinion. i like how it looks.i oem mirror is too shakey and it shakes too much with a broadway mirror

27rocks
10-01-2010, 11:52 AM
ok thats ur opinion. i like how it looks.i oem mirror is too shakey and it shakes too much with a broadway mirror

I wasn't talking about you man lol.. I was actually defending you. I was just giving 4lugSLUG a hard time cause he could have just simply said he doesn't think they look that great instead of saying they are "gay".

smashinvtec
10-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I wasn't talking about you man lol.. I was actually defending you. I was just giving 4lugSLUG a hard time cause he could have just simply said he doesn't think they look that great instead of saying they are "gay".

oh ahahahaha i thought u wer agreeeing wit him! ha my bad man!
lol

27rocks
10-01-2010, 01:00 PM
nah i was just saying those little round bug eye things people put on their side mirrors are dumb. There is no need for them. People need to make the mirrors go all the way out so you dont see your car in it anymore. They are called side mirrors not additional rear mirrors. Almost everyone i have ever driven with adjusts it so their side mirrors see the exact same thing their rear view mirror sees.

usedep3
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM

i agree. but i was just being nicer about it lol. and rob is correct, you can adjust your sideview mirrors to have 0 blindspots. i would say 90+% of drivers don't know how to properly adjust thier mirrors. i really just like the convenience of the wink mirror. i look up once and i can see a full 180 degrees behind me.

i lol'ed. u didnt get mad when 4lugslug said anything :mredface:

smashinvtec
10-02-2010, 12:49 AM
i agree. but i was just being nicer about it lol. and rob is correct, you can adjust your sideview mirrors to have 0 blindspots. i would say 90+% of drivers don't know how to properly adjust thier mirrors. i really just like the convenience of the wink mirror. i look up once and i can see a full 180 degrees behind me.

i lol'ed. u didnt get mad when 4lugslug said anything :mredface:

hahaha. it was whatever i blew it off and i thought another person was talkin shit. and i was like nah fuck that. i got confused. i didnt even wanna reply to the first one and then i was like another one talkin shit haha.
those tiny mirrors suck. it would take me longer to see wuts in that damn little thing then look out my side windows. so i like the wink. fuckin sick.