PDA

View Full Version : Replacing my aftermarket HU to another aftermarket HU

kai-wun
09-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey,

I'm looking into replacing my aftermarket HU (came with the car) with another one. Pioneer to Kenwood if that matters.

Do I need to take apart my centre console? Or is there a way to swap the deck without removing it?

Thx!

neoamd
09-28-2010, 05:39 PM
In for answers too. Car audio is another planet for me.

username011
09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah, the entire center silver dash will have to be removed, but don't worry because its super easy to remove.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
09-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Well if you already have an aftermarket pioneer deck. You can just use the radio keys to pull it out with out having to remove the whole center console. If you pull off the pioneer face and the frame around the deck you will see 2 slots on the side you put in radio keys to pull the deck out.

neoamd
09-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I've already have it all apart for some other mods I'm doing, I've got it all figured out now. Thanks

Chad
10-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Well if you already have an aftermarket pioneer deck. You can just use the radio keys to pull it out with out having to remove the whole center console. If you pull off the pioneer face and the frame around the deck you will see 2 slots on the side you put in radio keys to pull the deck out.

Not if it's ISO mounted as it should be.... our dash cannot properly support DIN mounting.

BeaterEP
10-04-2010, 06:43 PM
:yeahthat:
Stereo should be ISO mounted, which means that bish is pretty much strapped to the frame LOL!
Pulling the center dash isn't hard though. Pop off shift knob. Pop off bottom half. Pop off top half.
:D

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
10-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Not if it's ISO mounted as it should be.... our dash cannot properly support DIN mounting.

Thats true. I have seen a lot of people iso mount decks in hondas but they dont put a frame on it so there is a huge gap at the top. Also when i go to pull out the old deck i find a stack of cd's in the dash.