PDA

View Full Version : max boost a k series block

michaeld1169
09-28-2010, 08:11 PM
I was wondering how much boost or hp you can run on a k20a2 block with just a block guard before the cylinders give out saying that my internals are good for 1000hp (just speaking)? thank you what are some of you pushing.

Deadphishy
09-29-2010, 08:20 AM
I don't have a boosted car, so i can't give you a solid answer.

The block guard might help you out a little, But with a large amount of power and boost, I would imagine that middle portion of the cylinders would start to ballon out. I've seen 400's 500's all on stock blocks. I've even seen some people making 500's on stock internals. The K series blocks are pretty tough, but i wouldn't expect the clynders to hold shape for very long with anything over the 500 range.

If really High HP is your Goal. The best option is a ERL block. They are building great motors, and they have a lot of Build to suit options that would be perfect for you. Give them a call! they will help you out.

you can get a fully forged k24 shortblock for a decent price. 1 877 815 3434.
ERL will build it right, and it will last a long time.
http://www.erlperformance.com/home-page

Deadphishy
09-29-2010, 08:29 AM
I did some looking around. Seems like the stock sleeves can take some serious power. and usally only fail because of something else. Such as a poor tune or detonation.

I would still have ERL build me a shortblock. I wish i had them build my k24, if they did i'm sure it wouldn't be back on the engine stand being taken apart after only 28,000 miles.

Man i miss the TQ.

michaeld1169
09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
thanks for the input