PDA

View Full Version : 02 Si vs. 90 LS - Opinions Please...

TrippZ
12-12-2002, 05:05 PM
This guy wants to race me. 90 Teggy LS, it has CAI, a "muffler," and apparently an "Oxygen Sensor" that he got from NOPI - but I can't find it.

Can someone hit me up with some Teggy stats, and maybe an outcome prediction? I have custom intake - my only mod.

hacim
12-12-2002, 05:16 PM
Are you serious? You will smoke the crap out of him.

TrippZ
12-12-2002, 05:20 PM
are you sure? this guy with a 93 prelude Si raced and beat him... from a roll, i beat the prelude, but from a stop, man, he smoked me by about half a car to a car. he raced the teggy and beat him worse then I did, so he says

TrippZ
12-12-2002, 06:01 PM
i cant find any freaking stats on the LS, can anyone help me/give me opinions?

Suk02Si
12-12-2002, 06:04 PM
something like 140hp non vtec dohc 125ft lbs, you should be able to take him, I mean, we can hang with GSRs so an LS should be no biggie. Let us know what happens.

iR-VTEC2
12-12-2002, 06:51 PM
the 90 GS (which is the best one) does a 16.6 in the qm stock.

they have 130hp with 121lbs tq. at 2550lbs they are on the lighter side however....they are not much different from a 90 accord EX in q/m times.

LordKoo
12-12-2002, 07:43 PM
'90 LS? You gotta be kidding me right? A decade old antique vs a 21st century technology? Unless he is NOS or turbo whatever... Stock vs stock, Si will eat that joker without splitting out the bones....

'90 LS is not powerful with 140hp but the weight is what it is superior to Si. About 2500lbs if I am not wrong...

IceD out N CALI
12-12-2002, 09:31 PM
old skool hatchback, you should take him without breakin a sweat

civic hatch boi
12-12-2002, 10:10 PM
my brother had a 91 LS.. they're SLOW man... u can take him easy unless he has a swap under the hood. look out for the lsvtec. u don't want none of that

TrippZ
12-13-2002, 02:37 PM
well, he sucked up water through his intake and blew his engine so he had to get a new one, i dunno if its Vtec tho

but what gets me is that i can barely beat that prelude, and the prelude barely beat that guy from a stop..... soo.... ?

Gibhunter
12-13-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
well, he sucked up water through his intake and blew his engine so he had to get a new one

That's to the guys that aren't worried with their CAI:D

TrippZ
12-13-2002, 07:28 PM
nevermind - i raced him. i got my ass handed to me, along with quite a raping as well

MadBeatChemist
12-13-2002, 09:57 PM
I find it it odd that you were beat if it was an LS. Did you happen to find out what kind of engine the LS had??? I have raced several LS Integras, 90 to 93. Not one has come close to beating me and two of them had intakes and exhaust. The thing was, I was intimidated at first too. They were revving up on me all loud and shit. And I took off smoked each one of them. Thinking, they must not be trying. But we would go like several times through several signals and I smoked each one each time. So I wonder if maybe the LS you raced really had a GSR engine in it cuz i don't see how you got smoked so bad.

goy091
12-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
something like 140hp non vtec dohc 125ft lbs, you should be able to take him, I mean, we can hang with GSRs so an LS should be no biggie. Let us know what happens.

uh GSR's i dont think so. ive owned a GSR and the GSR will kill an Si.

The LS teg should be sorta close, the Si should win, is his Teg a 5spd? if its an auto then the Si should kill it.

the 90 teg LS 140Hp 128Tq but it weighs a bit less than the Si so that would make for a sorta close race.

IceD out N CALI
12-14-2002, 12:08 AM
why'd you lose? it was only an ls, u shoulda had it

Suk02Si
12-14-2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by goy091

uh GSR's i dont think so. ive owned a GSR and the GSR will kill an Si.

The LS teg should be sorta close, the Si should win, is his Teg a 5spd? if its an auto then the Si should kill it.
I never said we could kill GSR's, I've only beat one OBDII that was all stock w/ intake only. My friend has an OBDI GSR that beats me everytime but doesn't rape me, we can hang pretty closely with 'em but not kill em.

02SiHB
12-14-2002, 09:00 AM
Goddamnit.. I love ephatch.com... It's the only good board dedicated to our beloved Si's.... This board is becoming more and more like clubSi everyday... One big pissing match. We should have an "educated people only" forum on the board where no one will argue about the smallest crap.

WHO CARES? If a GSR will kill an EP? WHO CARES if a EP will destory a neon sport...

Jeeze people, if you want to fight over who can beat who, atleast post in the right forum (street racing).

TrippZ
12-14-2002, 09:26 AM
02SiHB - It was originally dedicated for here, because it was for opinions. I thought it was necessary to be here.

Well guys, I went back to the guy shouse because i saw something funny. Before we left I saw little carts on the ground... they looked like Co2 cartridges. When he smoked me so bad, I was thinking... "hmmm... this is odd"

He said he got a new "Oxygen Sensor" because his old one wasnt taking in enough. But now that i think about it, wouldnt the car just not run at all if his old one wasnt working?

I came back later, and i picked up the cartridges. 5 of them. I decided to read the back of them...

"Nitrous Oxide (N2O)"

Son of a BITCH. I had asked him if he was forced in any way shape or form. He said no. He had a Pea Shooter, that son of a bitch. I'm going to get him. I'm going to get him good...

jaydub
12-14-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ
Son of a BITCH. I had asked him if he was forced in any way shape or form. He said no. He had a Pea Shooter, that son of a bitch. I'm going to get him. I'm going to get him good...

http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/vtecownzyou.jpg

goy091
12-15-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 02SiHB
Goddamnit.. I love ephatch.com... It's the only good board dedicated to our beloved Si's.... This board is becoming more and more like clubSi everyday... One big pissing match. We should have an "educated people only" forum on the board where no one will argue about the smallest crap.

WHO CARES? If a GSR will kill an EP? WHO CARES if a EP will destory a neon sport...

Jeeze people, if you want to fight over who can beat who, atleast post in the right forum (street racing).

the question was concerning the speed of an EP with that of a GSR, because ive owned a GSR i know what they are capable of, get it? it's not in any way a pissing match, i merely stated that a GSR is faster than an EP, and you get bent outa shape over it. do not think for a second that your, our, EPs are the fastest shit on the street.

as for the LS, you shoulda checked under the hood, nitrious selenoids are pretty easy to see. go back and check his car out.

Whooopasss
12-15-2002, 05:15 PM
A Stock GSR will beat a Stock 02 Si period.