PDA

View Full Version : And another Honda bites the dust.

Anrasmor
09-29-2010, 06:48 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs008.ash2/33766_163982910283316_100000148245479_582105_11077 03_n.jpg

First the gf's Civic, then her Fit, now my EP.

usedep3
09-29-2010, 06:52 AM
dang man sorry for the loss. you guys ok? anybody hurt?

talonXracer
09-29-2010, 07:01 AM
That doesnt look all that bad, what has the insurance Company said about it?

Anrasmor
09-29-2010, 07:16 AM
dang man sorry for the loss. you guys ok? anybody hurt?

Yeah, I everybody involved was fine.

Anrasmor
09-29-2010, 07:17 AM
That doesnt look all that bad, what has the insurance Company said about it?

Not sure yet. Just filed the claim. It shouldn't be too bad but we'll see. Engine was still running but it was high idle, shift linkage was fucked but the car still rolled and the airbags didn't deploy. All in all it shouldn't be too expensive of repairs.

talonXracer
09-29-2010, 07:35 AM
make sure to really check out the TPS sensor on the TB, it usually takes damage during a front ender.

2k3hatchie
09-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Not sure yet. Just filed the claim. It shouldn't be too bad but we'll see. Engine was still running but it was high idle, shift linkage was fucked but the car still rolled and the airbags didn't deploy. All in all it shouldn't be too expensive of repairs.

you'd be surprised, my car looked almost exactly like yours after my collision (though on the right side not the left). The total damage estimate was almost 7K and that was with almost no mechanical damage done to the car mostly all esthetic (minus a new radiator/condensor)... thankfully my car was worth over 10k at the time. I hope everything works out for you man!

Anrasmor
09-29-2010, 08:47 AM
you'd be surprised, my car looked almost exactly like yours after my collision (though on the right side not the left). The total damage estimate was almost 7K and that was with almost no mechanical damage done to the car mostly all esthetic (minus a new radiator/condensor)... thankfully my car was worth over 10k at the time. I hope everything works out for you man!

Yeah, my car is worth a 7k. Insurance has already stated that they think it'll be totaled out.

jed_averill
09-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Totaled just for that? That's such BS.

emsep
09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
if they totalled it then buy it back and turn it into a full time track car?

superchargedk20
09-29-2010, 10:53 AM
i had a minor accident and my damages were still 5k. You would be surprised. It looks like its gona be totalled to me as well. Buy it back though if u really want it. You can prolly find another ep, its not like there expensive cars. You never know man sometimes these things happen for a reason. I totaled my old eclipse and was so upset for awhie about it. NOw that I have my boosted ep3 im actually glad i totaled my eclipse. Keep ur head up, in a couple of months u might be rolling around on something you wouldnt have thought u ever had

[Sip]
09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Accident recovery is always a pain in the butt. I never got it that bad, but I've been the victim of a hit & run...lame. Good luck with that mate.

Anrasmor
09-29-2010, 02:39 PM
So far they're saying that they are going to repair it. But that may change when the actual shop gets a hold of it.

Sip, my gf's two recent Honda accidents were both hit and runs. It's been a hard 3 months lately...for Hondas that is.

ep3colin
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
when my em1 got in a slight rear end accident the repairs came out to something like 7400 and some change

not sure about texas but in washington a car is totalled after the amount of repairs becomes 75%(i think) of the vehicles value it will be totalled

i got offered to buy it back for 1600 but it would have a branded title and at the time i was moving and had no space to keep it/fix it so i had to let her go

good luck!

ttttrigg3r
09-29-2010, 04:23 PM
so if it's totalled, u get money to buy a new car right? and then u can just buy the ep back fro 500 or something and part out or mod the shit out of it. is that possible or no?

superd16girl
09-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry to hear/ see. It must get old having cars get wrecked... Good luck with everything. Hope your girlfriend and you stay safe in the future!

02 honda civicS
09-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Sorry about the damage and glad everyone didnt get hurt. Damge doesnt look bad from the pic but with the engine cramp into that small engine bay, I wont be surprise if a lot more is damaged in there.

Of topic though, I am in need of a rear seat, would be willing to sell those? PM me. thx.

T_Virus
09-30-2010, 12:10 PM
For the looks of your EP and the value right now, your car is totaled...Start looking for another car.

BTW how did this happen? Looks like you were speeding or someone cut you off and couldn't brake in time.

Ronnie
09-30-2010, 07:01 PM
you were on the news today bro! lol

-
I can hook u up with body shop
just lmk
;)

Anrasmor
10-01-2010, 10:13 AM
you were on the news today bro! lol

-
I can hook u up with body shop
just lmk
;)

How was I on the news?

I already have it at a body shop that I know pretty well, thanks for the offer though.

Update as of today my guy at the body shop is sending in a supplement that will total it out. So my next step is... What do I get? There aren't too many EP's in Texas and the ones that are around are almost too cheap to get financed especially with my terrible credit. I barely got this one financed. If I go for something a little bit more expensive it should be easier but I'm not quite sure what to get. I've always liked WRX's but I'm not sure how reliable they are. Have never owned one myself and never really known anybody with one either. I'd prefer to get something RWD/AWD.

Anrasmor
10-01-2010, 10:15 AM
For the looks of your EP and the value right now, your car is totaled...Start looking for another car.

BTW how did this happen? Looks like you were speeding or someone cut you off and couldn't brake in time.

Dallas traffic can be crazy in the morning. I will admit I was traveling a little too close to the car in front of me but I was already slowing down when traffic came to a sudden halt... I just happened to not have enough room to stop. The airbags didn't deploy so that tells me that I was almost in the single digit mph when I hit. The reason it was so bad was the car I hit was an SUV so it's rear bumper traveled over mine and hit all the soft stuff that has no reinforcement.

T_Virus
10-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Dallas traffic can be crazy in the morning. I will admit I was traveling a little too close to the car in front of me but I was already slowing down when traffic came to a sudden halt... I just happened to not have enough room to stop. The airbags didn't deploy so that tells me that I was almost in the single digit mph when I hit. The reason it was so bad was the car I hit was an SUV so it's rear bumper traveled over mine and hit all the soft stuff that has no reinforcement.

That's okay, happens to lots of people. I rear ended a 2005 camary with my 1992 corolla. I had similar damages like yours too but the carmay only had a small fruit loop dent on it's rear bumper. This also happen in the early morning with the sun coming out into your face with all the glare.

cadebenzon
10-10-2010, 11:33 AM
That sounds almost identical to the accident I got into last month, aside from the following to closely bit. I had an 02 accord se coupe, and the front end looked about that bad. Some lady hit me in the back and ripped my back bumper clean off when she pulled away, so, the of course totaled my car.