PDA

View Full Version : tien springs?

aychbomb
12-12-2002, 05:15 PM
i'm looking to lower my car a bit just for appearance sake, and for street driving/performance. I've looked around and think i'm going to go with Tien springs with 1.5 drop.. was wondering if anyone else has this setup and if the ride is still good.. not looking for serious stiffness and definately not a bumpy ride... any insight or recomendations on other springs also?

ULTRAMANIA
12-12-2002, 09:25 PM
hey i got the tein lowering springs.. but mine is a 1.8 inch drop.. it's not that low... i think it's looks a hundred times better and it's decent for everyday driving... also the ride feels almost the exact same as the stock springs.. still the same ol smooth drive.. i give the teins a thumbs up... can't go wrong with teins.. you should give em a try...

ULTRAMANIA
12-12-2002, 09:34 PM
hey. .here's the thread of my car with the 1.8 inch drop if you wanna take a look... http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1657

aychbomb
12-13-2002, 03:06 AM
cool thanks man! i think i'm gonna go with the teins... probably order them next week first thing. Just to get an idea, how much did u pay for them?

my02si
12-13-2002, 07:14 AM
Where are you guys buying tein springs, and how much ??? Thanks, Josh

civic hatch boi
12-13-2002, 07:41 AM
aych bomb, just to let u know, Tein don't have springs for our car yet .. the one ultramania has aren't for our cars, if u care at all. the spring rates aren't nearly as high as they should be for our cars.. hence after a while with them, ur shocks WILL blow sooner than other springs. word for thought. teins for our cars should be out fairly soon, but there are other springs that do a real good drop for cheap.

eibach sportlines
neuspeed race
sprint

silver ep
12-13-2002, 07:51 AM
but there are other springs that do a real good drop for cheap. eibach sportlines, neuspeed race, sprint

Dont forget Progress :D

my02si
12-13-2002, 07:57 AM
I still thing I am going with eibach, but wanted your opions..

civic hatch boi
12-13-2002, 10:37 AM
yeah can't go wrong with the sportlines. don't get the prokit... eibach = $. that's the only thing hehe

IceD out N CALI
12-13-2002, 10:50 AM
yeah you cant go wrong with the sportlines, decent ride, and takes the edge off the height of the ep

my02si
12-13-2002, 11:04 AM
Why the not the sport why go with the pros? Also is there a camber problem for those of you that have this done?

civic hatch boi
12-13-2002, 11:23 AM
wut?? we're saying go for the sportlines man. NOT prokits.

my02si
12-13-2002, 12:05 PM
Dope sorry, anyway why????

IceD out N CALI
12-13-2002, 01:15 PM
there is a little bit of a camber problem with the sportlines, but its not that bad-i got the race springs now and there is definitely a camber problem

ULTRAMANIA
12-13-2002, 02:24 PM
well... civic hatch boi.. maybe he's right.. but i got these springs. and they work great without any problems or anythig like that. .the people tha ti ahve bought it from is a very respected performance shop on the west coast... they fit my car.. they work.. the drop is great and also the ride is just as smooth... they mite as well be for our ride... but yea.. civic hatch maybe right.. i dunno... but i just wanted something that other people don't have.. so i went with the teins.. and tein suspension is A+ in my book... i'm just going ot use these springs till i get coilovers from them... oh by the way.. if you're wondering.. i got it for about 179.00 under 200 bucks...

www.garagespl.com

aychbomb
12-13-2002, 03:06 PM
hmm.. i'm not sure what to do now! not looking to have my shocks blown, just looking to take the edge off the height without sacrificing ride... how much drop are the sportlines? Also this hasn't anything to do with this string but... whats the recommended tint i should use (brand wise) if i'm looking to just have a black look from the outside.. not too much crazy mirror stuff going on...just want a clean all black look...

aychbomb
12-13-2002, 03:07 PM
by the way i was recommended Johnson tints by the store i went too...

civic hatch boi
12-13-2002, 05:51 PM
i think sportlines wil give u like a 1.75" drop
sprint will give u like a 2"
and neusp. race will give 2.25"

i have the race and the drop is PERFECT!!! even with the low drop, their springs have a really high spring rate. the ride quality is superb too :)

my02si
12-13-2002, 07:12 PM
Race what?? Eibach? Thanks

IceD out N CALI
12-13-2002, 07:32 PM
neuspeed race:)

ULTRAMANIA
12-14-2002, 02:05 AM
civic hatch.. who tol dyou that the tein springs will blow out faster then our stock springs? i don't see how it would and i don't think the shop i bought it from would sell me something that would be worse then my stock springs... i'm not flaming or anything.. i just want to know where you got that info from.

civic hatch boi
12-14-2002, 02:14 AM
well. any spring that lowers it more than our stock springs will blow our shocks faster.. that's a given. but.. since ur teins aren't made for our car.. low drop + low spring rate = bad for shocks.