PDA

View Full Version : tuning with jrsc street

Dan D
09-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Just wonder how everyone's experience was starting with the street kit, with the powercard tuning... how well does it do? does it keep your a/f ratio where its supposed to be? or does it run rich or lean? Do you have any control over anything or is it pre-set? didnt have luck searching

Is it better just to go straight to race kit with k-pro?

Thanks!

makavelibranded
09-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Im glad you asked I pretty sure really theres no info on the powercard on here even before the crash,.. but imo if you can afford the race kit and kpro do it, you'll make much more power then the street kit and probly be more reliable then the powercard with a good tune.

vbpracer
09-29-2010, 04:39 PM
The powercard is going to run a little rich, its all preset. Reason being to compensate for different setups, i/h/e. I've had the jrsc with powercard, and its a nice addition, however a lot more power can be made. If you have the money, and want to spend it, go with kpro and the 4" pulley or smaller. I can answer any other questions about the powercard if you need me too.

Dan D
09-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Ok cool... I figured it prolly would run rich for safety. I'll have to see how much money I am going to want to spend come spring time.
So no need to run on dyno for a/f with powercard? How rich are we talking, lol like 10:1 or lower?

eurosteez
09-29-2010, 06:44 PM
powercard sucks. i only got 30 or so more horsepower with the street kit. with race kit it went up 70 more horsepower. theres definitely threads on this around here. save yourself the hassle and heartache and just go with kpro.