PDA

View Full Version : My EP Hatch.. please help!

sirux
09-29-2010, 06:12 PM
So I bought bought my first 2002 Honda Civic SIR and love it, it has 86,000 km on it and its a beauty!

I have a few problems though, when I put the defrost heat on, the A/C button lights up and stays on? WTF?

The clutch pedal is squeaking like a bitch, what do I put on the mechanism? WD-40?

Also, my fuel gage is fucked, the thing will tell me I have no gas for like 1 minute then float right back up?

Are these common occurrences? Help please!

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
09-29-2010, 06:24 PM
So I bought bought my first 2002 Honda Civic SIR and love it, it has 86,000 km on it and its a beauty!

I have a few problems though, when I put the defrost heat on, the A/C button lights up and stays on? WTF?

The clutch pedal is squeaking like a bitch, what do I put on the mechanism? WD-40?

Also, my fuel gage is fucked, the thing will tell me I have no gas for like 1 minute then float right back up?

Are these common occurrences? Help please!
Yes those are all common problems for ep's. The ac with defroster can be disables do a search to look up how to disable it. The squeeking clutch pedel is also normal you can tighten the clutch pedel to reduce the squeak but make sure the squeak isnt coming from the clutch maste cylinder or the slave. The gas thing is normal the light can turn on and off if you at about 1/8th of a tank.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
09-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Turn Car Off
Turn Temperature Knob To Full Blue (All the way to the left - Counter-Clock Wise)
Turn Vent Knob To Off (All the way to the left - Counter-Clock Wise)
Hold Down Air Recirculation Button As Well As A/C Button
Keep Both Buttons Depressed and Turn on the car to the II position
Keep Both Buttons Depressed for 7 Seconds
*AC LIGHT SHOULD BLINK*

siege911
09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
^^What exactly does that do? Allow you to run the defroster without having the a/c automatically turn on, or just turn the light off?

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
09-29-2010, 09:09 PM
^^What exactly does that do? Allow you to run the defroster without having the a/c automatically turn on, or just turn the light off?

Lets you run the defrosted with out the ac on.

freelunch
09-29-2010, 09:13 PM
For a quick fix, I used to use spray silicon lube in a can and that would work for months at a time.

To get rid of my squeaky clutch pedal permanently, I used a thing stick to pack some white lithium grease into the pedal shaft. Just depress the pedal with your hand while feeding in the grease. Its been about 30,000kms now and no squeaks

[Sip]
09-30-2010, 07:06 AM
What they said...common issues...especially the squeak. Grease is an easy fix.

smykhaisouk
09-30-2010, 07:09 AM
i've tried silicone spray but that only works for a few weeks. white lithium spray works way better and its been quiet since last winter!! you can also spray this on your camber bushings in the back if you're getting squeeks near the springs.

SoCalStormTrooper
09-30-2010, 10:39 AM
That AC fix didn't work. My recirculation button blinked, but the AC still turns on for defrost!

talonXracer
09-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Turn Car Off
Turn Temperature Knob To Full Blue (All the way to the left - Counter-Clock Wise)
Turn Vent Knob To Off (All the way to the left - Counter-Clock Wise)
Hold Down Air Recirculation Button As Well As A/C Button
Keep Both Buttons Depressed and Start Car
Keep Both Buttons Depressed for 7 Seconds
*AC LIGHT SHOULD BLINK*

Do you mean? actually start the engine or just turn to ign on position?

Jmage
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
That AC fix didn't work. My recirculation button blinked, but the AC still turns on for defrost!

It does still turn on on defrost but you can turn it off now while in defrost.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
09-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Do you mean? actually start the engine or just turn to ign on position?

Sorry i think your right i copied and pasted that from another post. You leave the car in the II position

cody_sir
09-30-2010, 06:35 PM
gotta try that for my squeeky clutch pedal

sirux
09-30-2010, 07:07 PM
tried the white liithium lube, sprayed it all in there and it still squeeks.. How do i get all the way in there?

Thanks