PDA

View Full Version : new honda owner

Black04si
09-29-2010, 07:12 PM
hey whats up i just bought an 04 si yesterday and was looking on here for information a few things i was wondering about really 1. i have red carpet i have not seen any others with this
2 i have projector headlights i didn't think these had them stock but they say Honda on the lens
and 3 how much of a gap do u have between the tires and the fender tring to decide if the car was lowered cause it sits damn low and finally does anyone know how to refinish carbon fiber cause the spoiler as made of it and it has a yellowish tint to it ok i think that's all my stupid questions

Draw7Seven
09-29-2010, 07:23 PM
1) Red carpet means it's EDM/JDM (Type-R) or aftermarket (companies make red carpet for our cars).
2) Honda projectors do exist, they were on the Type-R as well. There are halogen projectors and HID projectors, you may have either of those, or a retrofit of some sort.
3) You can get the CF spoiler refinished, usually involving a wet sand and new application of clear coat, if it's not beyond salvation at this point. Nature of the beast with carbon fiber parts.

I'd bet it's lowered if it has that many modifications to it.

Black04si
09-29-2010, 07:49 PM
thanks for the info the carpet looks factory has the plastic part for your feet below pedal but no floor mats :( its sorta faded from the car having no window tint in texas sun and looks like someone spilled bleach in the rear floorboard i need to get a replacement carpet oh and i just realized that the honda h"s on the car were all read i diddnt know that they had been changed guess more was changed than i realized guess that's what happens when u buy a repo from the bank
51k miles and i got it for 6500 dollars i dont think i did that bad ill try to post some pics of it in the next few days

Draw7Seven
09-29-2010, 08:01 PM
For sure man! Get us some pictures and we'll tell you exactly what you have. The aftermarket for our cars is fairly small, so we have it memorized, company for company.