PDA

View Full Version : headwork - where do you send it?

Kerby
09-30-2010, 04:53 AM
I just purchased a k24a2 head and I'm looking to get some headwork done.
I'm not looking for something crazy just the basic:
deap clean, mill, slightly port and polish, valve guides, and install new retainers, springs, valves, keepers, and OEM seals.

Who have you guys used?
Price for such service?

Thanks!:mcool:

chiwhitesi
09-30-2010, 06:08 AM
subbed, i would like to know this as well

Onasty
09-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Just go with blueprint

Kerby
09-30-2010, 08:45 AM
hmm interesting.
I was also looking into Endyn.

Who else?

Tnhatch03
09-30-2010, 05:09 PM
I went with Mike @ LaskeyRacing. He did all the headwork and my bottom end work.

www.laskeyracing.com

Great guy!

lbk02si
09-30-2010, 07:33 PM
how do you just "slightly" port and polish a head??

talonXracer
09-30-2010, 07:54 PM
What are your goals? How much $$$ do you have for this project? What is your time frame? What are your supporting mods?

Kerby
10-01-2010, 06:09 AM
What are your goals?
I am going to be turbocharging the thing next summer. Currently i'm getting rediculous over the top valvetrain chatter. So before I turbo with a Peakboost kit, I'm going to put in a new head, new OEM TSX bump sticks, a TODA chain, and head gasket, and ARP studs. I am not looking for an outragous port and polish. More like a Stage1. Improve somewhat what came from the factory and to compliment the matchported RBC I got and the Maxbore TB.

How much $$$ do you have for this project?
In all seriousness and joking aside... unlimited. But, the price can't be ridiculous either. I have somewhat of an idea of what a P&P, new OEM parts, and other components are going to cost. I'm going to keep this car, so I don't want to cut any corners.
But I'm looking for OEM quality and reliability. I want whoever is helping me to be professional in assembling and balancing.

What is your time frame?
i just got a work vehicle that's turned into my daily... so unlimited too. That car is in the garage.

Deadphishy
10-01-2010, 07:03 AM
I think messing with the ports on a turbo motor is going to be a waste of money. You should be able to make plenty of power befor you need to go into the ports. Also, the k24a2 head has much thinner walls, A lot of poeple don't port them because if you go anywhere near where a k20a2 head port job would go, you'll hit the water jacket (Talon told me this a long time ago, because i wanted to port my k24a2 head aswell, Thanks.) It might be a good idea to polish the exhaust and maybe clean up the casting marks on the inside. I would spend the porting money on getting your internal coated by swain tech. http://www.swaintech.com Do the tops with ceramic and side with dry lube.