PDA

View Full Version : Side Airbag Off Light Comes on Sporadically - Should I be worried?

ep_curious
09-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Hello ephatch: my side airbag light comes on every now and then...should i be worried about this? what could be causing it? :mfrown:

It comes on sporadically when no one is in the front seat and then it goes off; I've read up on it in the manual and it said that the light may come on when a passenger leans on the door panel as a safety precaution because if it (side airbag) deployed the passenger could get hurt.

If this question has been asked before sorry for the redundancy...please provide a link to the thread

c_law23
08-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Im having this same issue. It came on while driving home with no one in the passenger seat. I lightly smacked the seat by the bag just for shits and giggles and it went back off....

weird. Ive found lots of stuff on here about the SRS but this is the "side airbag off" light.

I assume the wiring that you can see in the yellow tubing when you let someone in the back seat is for the airbag and maybe years of bending them has perhaps caused some wear and tear causing connection issues?

ep_curious
08-04-2011, 05:53 AM
maybe...but yeah that smacking the passenger seat thing does work..lol

c_law23
08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
lol so i assume youre still having the issue?