PDA

View Full Version : Help! Engine Harness

KaeDu
10-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Where does the big one go to? I already searched the Service Manual and Google but I am not all there in the head sometimes. This is a 2003 K20A2 installed into my 2005 Honda Civic Si (EP3). Also which is the better idea with the RBC, cut out the small section in the upper radiator support or drill new holes for the bolts that hold the upper radiator support in place and shaving the opening for the hood latch? All information would be greatly appreciated.

Deadphishy
10-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Um, that picture is really hard to tell, but i don't think that is the Engine harness.

The far end plug on the Charge harness, that connects to the main engine harness, goes to the Alternator. Working our way in on the charge harness, you get. Alternator (big clip, and a ground) Knock sensor, Starter motor, Throttle body. then the connection to the engine harness.

Deadphishy
10-01-2010, 11:33 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44163

talonXracer
10-01-2010, 12:10 PM
The harness starts at the eCU, then goes to the drivers side of the head then branchs up and over the head to the coils and pass side sensors, the other branch goes along the head to the fuel injectors and TB as well as to the VSS and reverse sensor. there is a second harness for the knock sensor/alternator/starter.

KaeDu
10-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I have another question now though. My car is overheating just a little bit (3/4). I do have water and not coolant. The upper radiator hose is bent/flat a bit because of it going over the CAI. Should I try to put it under and is the reason for the overheating due to the water and not coolant? Please help!

talonXracer
10-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Go to NAPA and order hose# 7940, it will clear the CAI, then go and jack the front up and place on stands/ramps and turn the heat to full hot and you will get that heater core bled.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/upperradhose7940003.jpg

KaeDu
10-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Do you think that this is the cause of my vehicle overheating? Does the water vs coolant come into play? I am just concerned about it overheating.

KaeDu
10-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Bump

talonXracer
10-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I would make sure to change out to Honda typeII coolant. It is far better than straight water, especially down south, but the majority of your overheating is more than likely an air bubble in the heater core.

KaeDu
10-03-2010, 11:52 AM
I think that you may be right. I have to wait until Monday to get some coolant as well as the Napa 7940 hose. I did figure out however that the fans aren't turning on. I now remember that one of the fan wires came out of the connector and I had to shove the wire back into the connector but I think there is an issue there. Would there be any risks with just hooking the wire without the plastic connector into the other plastic connector?

talonXracer
10-03-2010, 12:07 PM
As long as they make proper contact and you use something to keep it from vibrating apart.

KaeDu
10-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I still can't fucken get it! I can't seem to get the pin to go into the other plastic connector without the plastic connector on the pin! Any tips?

Deadphishy
10-04-2010, 07:36 AM
The problem with the Overheated is more then likely like Talon says, an airbubble, the that your fans arn't turning on. Don't worry about the coolant/Water Combo just yet. The more water you have the better the cooling will be, as long as you have some coolant in there to decrease the surface tension of the water. Coolant just decreases the freezing point and increases the boiling point of the water. It is the water that is the work horse when it comes to transfering the heat.

I can't picture what the Pin/Clip looks like that you are trying to work with. you might be able to go to honda and order a new clip if that is at all possible.

KaeDu
10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Alright, so other than feeling like an idiot. I took the radiator cap off and notice it wasn't even full (possibly due to turning the heater on and adding water. Then it never overheated and later on today the fans turned on. I was like WTF. I appreciate all the help and I also picked up my 7940. I need to install that and get coolant in now. I hope to take some pictures as well, the only thing is that the only thing I have is my cell phone with a 8mp camera....