PDA

View Full Version : POLL!!!!!! Fog Lights!!!!

mitchell_ep3
10-03-2010, 08:54 PM
car is a 03 ssm ep3 with hfp front, so modification will be necessarys, BUT

i dont know wether to go clear leanse or yellow lense.... 3000k hid's will be going in the fogs, headlights currently have 6000k HID's

just not sure on the lense color.
let me know your guys pickings...

Chad
10-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Unless you do a projector mod I would NEVER put HIDs in a reflector fog... it's gonna be really ugly on glare.

T_Virus
10-04-2010, 12:34 PM
i would say if you didn't blacken out your headlights then stay with the clear lense. If you did then go with the yellow lense.

jed_averill
10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Can I use the OEM fogs installation pdf with ebay fogs?

PatrickJamesYu
10-04-2010, 03:10 PM
For the most part
There is more to the oem instructions than the ebay kit requires

Cheep3
10-04-2010, 04:31 PM
For the most part
There is more to the oem instructions than the ebay kit requires

I pieced together the the 02-03 and the 04-05 pdf instructions to put the lights in my '05. There are definitely more instructions than are required as the aftermarket-(Ebay) wiring is abbreviated.

EPo3Hatch
10-04-2010, 04:33 PM
yellow....look nasty at night n good during the day!

mitchell_ep3
10-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Unless you do a projector mod I would NEVER put HIDs in a reflector fog... it's gonna be really ugly on glare.

sorry chad, i forgot to add to my modifying statement. of course i'll have to modify the fog lights to fit, but i bought his eg6 fog lights that he bought and doent want them anymore, why i dont know, but they are just ebay projectors.

so i was going to try and use the ep3 housing, and take the lense off the ep3 reflective housing and automotive urethane the ep lense to the ep bracket. then i was going to somehow mount the eg projector right behind the ep lense some how. i dont have the ep3 fog lights yet, but from pictures i'm pretty sure i can make these work.

what i've noticed from everyone elses OEM fogs (mini vans cars trucks) they dont have a cut off, the regular hallogen fog lights are by far more harder on the eyes than their headlights are at night.... so if i were to go the HID route to match my 6000k's i would not allow myself to be the hated one on the road with blinding fog lights...

i have hid's in my stock headlight housings, and i havnt had any complaints after having them for over 2 years.. but the fog lights are definately going to be different.

mitchell_ep3
10-04-2010, 05:07 PM
and to add, this is the thread i'm somewhat going to follow

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?48324-quot-The-Projector-Fog-quot&highlight=hid+fog+lights

the cut off wont be as great becasue, well its ebay eg fogs i have, but it will drastically help.

matt.walton
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Yellow fogs are legit

STP03BlueSI
10-04-2010, 08:05 PM
I have clear with Yellow HID's from Xenith Xenons

mitchell_ep3
10-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I have clear with Yellow HID's from Xenith Xenons

yeah my currennts are from xenith,

whats your beam pattern like? 20 feet from a wall and you have light shiningup higher than your roof line?

jlong21
10-04-2010, 09:38 PM
not exactly about this but i ahve 6000k HIDs in my headlights and i cant get them to shine strait they are more at the ground and are at like slants like \ / all the way up to trees with darkness in the middle any sudjestions?

mitchell_ep3
10-04-2010, 09:47 PM
not exactly about this but i ahve 6000k HIDs in my headlights and i cant get them to shine strait they are more at the ground and are at like slants like \ / all the way up to trees with darkness in the middle any sudjestions?

its not hard to make your own thread.... just sayin

AzNCrAzYcOoLeR
10-07-2010, 07:51 AM
I got 3k w/ yellow tint

That's the stuff!

Does anyone remember what the bulb size was? One burned out on me :(

JaydmEp3
10-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I got 3k w/ yellow tint

That's the stuff!

Does anyone remember what the bulb size was? One burned out on me :(

Think the bulb size is h11. Thts wat mine say. Yellow fogs r soo dope. During the day they look alrite. At night is when they look hella siick. Imm rockin them.

talonXracer
10-09-2010, 12:18 PM
After installing a set of EDM Hid headlights, the fog lights were useless, I could lower the cutoff and easily outperform the factory foglight. So I tossed the fog's and went with a set of Hella Hid driving lights in the lower grill. With the headlights on high(both highs and low beam), and the driving lights on, there is a serious amount of retina burning candlepower hitting the road!

Onedaysoon
10-13-2010, 07:54 PM
has anyone ever seen green fogs? I saw them once in south florida looked crazy sick with some blue hid's not sure the ####k, but they were dope... they were on a blue ep. i'd pick those... if not id pick the yellow fogs...