PDA

View Full Version : need help quick

importhonda
12-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Im stuck here in the middle of my spring install... It was all goin well and easy, until I get to one of the rotors and I cannot get it back up to the shock to bolt it in... In th tetorial it says to use brute force, but I seems like the axle is hitting something when I push the rotor up... Any suggestions?

Thank you

civic hatch boi
12-12-2002, 09:57 PM
yeah MANY people have experienced this.. it's HARD!!! and takes a long time... best tip for nxt time is tie the rotor with a rope so it doesn't come loose... but for now.. spin the rotor slowly while someone else pushes it in.. it'll take time but itll pop in sooner or later. hope that helps..

Suk02Si
12-12-2002, 10:06 PM
noOoOoOOoOo!! heh, your driveshaft was puled out. It's annoying as hell and a bitch to get back in. There are three bearings on the end of the shaft that have to line up with the groves perfectly so it can be shoved in.

the bearings sit something like this
.| at the end of the shaft
/ \
each bearing sits perpendicular on each post/shaft. What happens is sometimes a bearing will pull out or wont align with groove and make a knocking sound when trying to push the hub assembly back in. Just fondle the rubber boot a bit and rotate the rotor and try to align everything in place.

Maybe someonw else can chime in, I'm lacking proper terms and diagrams, a helm manual would really help

BTW, Keep us posted!;)

Suk02Si
12-12-2002, 10:28 PM
heh, pretty bad drawing but hope it helps
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p96c431832ea786b5a474276b44eeb436/fcf05f59.jpg

importhonda
12-12-2002, 10:51 PM
ok, I have been moving it back and forth and have gotten it to go in twice, but each time it came back out when I tried to get the strut bolted in... I feel those three shafts but can't manage to line them up again. Guess i will spend another hour trying to get it locked in again. any other tips to get it lined up... thank you for all your help. this is turning into a nightmare.

Suk02Si
12-12-2002, 11:03 PM
the drive shaft has to be pretty straight when trying to push it back in. Try jacking the control arm up a little to see if it helps.

civic hatch boi
12-12-2002, 11:07 PM
suk, that's the funniest picture i've ever seen in my life hahhahhahahha
-dan

importhonda
12-13-2002, 02:32 AM
haha, finally I finished the install. Thanks for all the help and the interesting.... diagrams. The key to getting them in is the fondling... which I happen to be vert adept at :)

Warning to anyone trying to lower thier car... Make sure you tie-rap the passenger side rotor so it doesnt dislodge the axle... other than that it was a very simple install. I love working on brand new cars where the bolts come out easily.

Difference in ride quality is night and day... It is very dark right now and I haven't been able to see how even the lift is, but it kinda looks like the back is lower than the front... I will have to take a better look tomorrow morning

Suk02Si
12-13-2002, 02:40 AM
haha, yes prior fondling experience would come in very handly in a spring install.

ssvr6
12-13-2002, 05:58 AM
You missed you calling man! You should be the "Bob Ross" of the import directions world.

;)

Import-Glad it all worked out!

Steve