PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injector cleaner ?

LOVIN MY EP3
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I know people use different kinds but most of them say to put it in after you change the oil but wouldn't it be better to put it on before so all the gunk can come out when you do the oil change ? what kind do you use and when do you put it on ?

Deadphishy
10-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Fuel injector cleaner is only going to clean the very very small amount of Gunk you might have in and around the Injector screen. It won't produce enough waste to make it to the Oil. It should all get burned up and sent out the exhaust.

Most fuel injector cleaners are a major waste of money. If you are really worried about your injectors, just pop them out and send them to get cleaned for real. Should cost you about 15 bucks an injector. It might be a good idea to do this around the 75-100k mark.

You can add something like Sea-foam to your Oil to clean out everywhere the oil has access too. However something like this should be done with it's own oil. Sea-foam in the new Oil, drive very easy for about 500 miles then rechange oil and filter. You can also add products like this to a vaccum line and have it sucked into the combustion chamber to clean it.

I do like Sea-foam, but only as a way to Fix a problem, or after 100K+ miles as maintanance. I wouldn't use it just because you feel like it.