PDA

View Full Version : Help

twistdcody
10-05-2010, 12:58 PM
what up guys. well i just got my ep back last night after trading around trying to figure out what i wanted i was with out her for about 4 months and first off its one of the only cars i missed so far. but the man issue i need help with is how its running. the only cel its showing is a cam sensor but they are both new. i have studied and studied this code ill get the code number again tonight. but the main causes show to be timing the cam sensor or the vtc actuator. what the car is doing well it basically has no power. none at all. runs and idles fine. just no power. i have checked the timing mutiple times and so have the other owners that i traded with and everything is in time. my theory is that its in the actual vtc cam gear. has anyone had experience with one messing up? i know in the service manual there is a test or it and i did it a while back whether it was accurate i dont know but it did test wrong by the book. but has anyone had any similar problem? anyone had trouble with the vtc cam gear?
thanks

02ES1
10-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Have you checked your oil? I know this may sound stupid but it actually happens more often than I like to hear about. The VTC/all Vtec systems operate on oil pressure and if you're low on oil it can send a CEL about your solenoid/actuator.

twistdcody
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
oil has been fine first thing i checked and no isnt dumb seen it happen with a lot of people. but im pretty sure it jumped a tooth on the crank. about to re time it all. but quick question i have searched and it seems everyone says different how many links should there be between the cam marks 7 or 9?

talonXracer
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
ignore the four handscrawled dots
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/camchaintiming.jpg

The timing usually jumps on top, when you put your ride back together grab a 07+ Si upper chain guide, it is longer and will not allow any timing jumps. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43135

twistdcody
10-10-2010, 10:24 PM
thanks man thats what i needed. but one more question with the crank pulley at tdc which line on the crank pulley is it the red or white line. i saw white but just wanted to make sure really not wanting to pull the whole timing chain cover off tonight.

twistdcody
10-11-2010, 05:28 AM
well i believe everything is back to where is should be. after an all nighter she drove fine to school.