PDA

View Full Version : looking for 02 ep3 racing cat and more

rush13
10-07-2010, 01:28 PM
my stock cat is going bad and i wanted a racing cat. any suggestions? i want a good one. or does anyone have any suggestions on a full catback system? piping and all? cause that would be nice as well. what systems sound good? i want a deep, growling sound. NOT a nasty ass rattling sound.

i also need an intake for my car. i heard injen intakes suck ass? as well as aem? anyone have suggestions for THAT?!

suspension would be nice too.

and idk how common this is but i would like a type r distributor and type r throttle body AND i wanna get my baby chipped. any ideas, comments, concerns, suggestions? im open to all. hit me up. lemme know. thanks.

kenscivic
10-07-2010, 02:00 PM
First off: your car does not have a dizzy. It is a coil pack per plug setup

Second: It's a 4 cyl so until you are cam'd or forced induction it's going to sound ricey

Third: No reason to go witha bigger tb . The only thing I would suggest is maxbore, it's cheap and you keep cruise control

Forth: injen and aem make good intakes. Take your pick they will gain about the same amount (0-3)

rush13
10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
what's a dizzy? and what are you talking about when you say tb? sorry. im not really familiar with most of this. i just got my ep not that long ago and i've seen some sick ones and i just wanna build mine up quick.

Deadphishy
10-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Dizzy = distributor
TB = Throttle body.

Your first course of action is to learn all you can about the K series motor. We have a k20a3 motor, that does not have the normal High cam Vtec.

If you don't want to toss money out the window, you need to make a master plan. That way you never buy parts that someday will not fit or work with your growing set-up.

First things first. get yourself a good Race header. If you need a High flow cat, have a muffler shop weld in a Car sound, or Random tech High flow cat. That will give you the most Power per dollar. There are a ton of aftermarket exhaust systems, so find one that you like. Personally i would just get a RSX type S header (Like the CLUBRSX header over at CLUBRSX.COM) Get myself a Stock RSX Type S mid-pipe, and all of that will bolt right up to your stock muffler. The stock muffler is the same muffler they put on the Type R civic. I had a stock muffler on my 240whp built k24 in my EP. Worked fine, sounded great.

Next your going to want a Cold Air intake. I really like my Injen MR cold air intake.

Then get yourself Hondata Kpro. This is How you "chip" your ECU. The EP's ECU is not like a B or D series. You can not just put a chip in it and then start tuning. You will have to send it out to get chipped by Hondata, it costs a lot of money. about $900.00 dollars.

The K20a3 motor is limited to about 190whp cammed and decked out with full bolt ons. So you if want to be faster then the RSX type S's out there, you will need to start looking at a Turbo, supercharger, or Motor swap.

Ep3 ked
10-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Im running catless.....:gghey:

Type_R_Nammer
10-09-2010, 04:55 PM
I have an Injen SRI and sounds pretty sick at WOT