PDA

View Full Version : lower control arm bushings help

PartyPooper
10-07-2010, 04:35 PM
just had my coilovers swapped out with racelands... got my anligment done and everything went good.. however 4 months later i have wheel hop... i beleive it is from the lower control arm bushings and the other bushings that were not in such great condition(but still good) when i swapped out my coilovers....

i searched for diy and hows on lcas and they dont help much... i was wondering if you have to cut the medal sleeve and if you have to have the "tool" to compress the new bushing in(if so where do i get it?). how long does it take??? and if you guys believe that my wheel hop is caused by something else let me know or any other sugestions....

i am thinking about getting the energy suspension bushinhg kit... does it come with mm inserts and lca bushing?

mods to suspension are coilovers only which are really tight and raised pretty high...

any help is appreciated...

PartyPooper
10-07-2010, 07:02 PM
bump

talonXracer
10-08-2010, 05:03 AM
Are you sure what you think you hear is wheelhop and not the engine/trans banging around within the engine bay? because the LCA's bushings would have Zero impact on causing wheelhop, that is 100% a function of traction vrs strut compression.

PartyPooper
10-08-2010, 01:03 PM
the wheel hop only occurs when i take off hard... and im pretty sure it is not the engine rattling around... however my coilovers are tighten up quite a bit, only because i do not want my car slammed but also not 4x4 status... do you belieive that maybe casing it? bc i took a look at the lca bushings and they seem fine but old...

thanks and any other advice is highy appriciated..

talonXracer
10-08-2010, 02:05 PM
What tires and wheels?

Do you have any aftermarket engine mounts?

The ES bushings are not maintenance free, they will require yearly(at least) cleaning and re-greasing.

PartyPooper
10-08-2010, 06:33 PM
i have tenzo 16'' dc6's with toyo tires 215/50... mmmm.... when you say es bushings need yearly maintenance.... do you mean all of them or just mm?

i hear some very small clunks when i turn and noticed my cv axle bushing is destroyed(3x as bad as 4months ago).... hopefully that will fix it but i dont see the relation of the two.?..?mmmm.... however if i insert ES bushings ill just have to suck it up and do yearly maintence.

thanks again..

ep3egg
10-08-2010, 06:51 PM
it's easier and cheaper to just buy the whole front lower control arm assembly

talonXracer
10-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes the urethane bushings are not install and forget, they require maintenance.

CV axle bushing?

PartyPooper
10-08-2010, 07:35 PM
sorry meant to say tie rod...i dunno what i was thinking....i shouldnt have called it a bushing more of a boot... but ill take pics and post them up tomorrow...

thanks on the feedback...

PartyPooper
10-09-2010, 04:44 PM
to answer your question i do not have aftermarket motor mounts....

mods are simple bolt ons.... magnaflow/ dcrh/ aem v2 intake/ racelands/ 16 rims.... everything else is stock.

BeaterEP
10-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Time for ESMM inserts! :thumbu:
They're a great mod, tighten up the front and rear mount points for the engine and stop basically all the engine movement/rocking that usually comes from hard acceleration.
Get `em, you won't regret it.

PartyPooper
10-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes the urethane bushings are not install and forget, they require maintenance.

CV axle bushing?

not to disregard you but the guy at my local tune shop whom i am about to buy them from says they ONLY need silicone grease(loads of and no petroleum grease) during install, which is a givin.
not that i believe him... but just wondering what are the consequences are of not doing periodical maintenance???? noise, performance, durability, or other?????

when you mean cleaning... do you mean removal and clean or just wipe downs....

talonXracer
10-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Yes they require grease during assembly. The bushings will eventually get water and debris inside them, this debris is abrasive and will wear out the bushing eventually if not removed, cleaned and regreased. I had the ES bushings and they did not even last 2 years before they had alot of slop.

PartyPooper
10-09-2010, 05:52 PM
thanks for the help... i apprciate it to all... your post (including other threads ) have helped me out in numerous times...

talonXracer
10-09-2010, 07:27 PM
They do really tighten things up, dont get me wrong they are great for the correct application, but a DD is not one of those though.