PDA

View Full Version : exhuast same as rsx s??

k3rry
10-10-2010, 01:24 AM
so i have a rsx s dc RH with a greddy evo 2 cut and weld to fit.... well its been rattling like CRAZY at idle, and driving and its getting on my last nerves!!!!! could i buy a 02- 04 rsx s exhaust system?? i kno i need a type s midpipe no matter what, but are the axle back the same has the ep3, length and bend wise??

jh604
10-10-2010, 02:20 AM
no the axlebacks are different. to sue the type-s axleback you need to cut and reweld the hangers and shorten the whole system by 3"s or so

AKEP
10-10-2010, 03:55 AM
so what your telling me is that if i bought a type s dcrh and a type s AFTERMARKET cat back, the axleback will not fit?

talonXracer
10-10-2010, 05:57 AM
You can lay the entire typeS exhaust alonside the entire EP3 exhaust and they have the same exact length, profile, bends, etc (but differing flange locations) untill you get to the axleback section. The axleback pipe is the same bend and length, it is the muffler that is approx 3" longer and the mufflers hangers are also approx 3" further to the rear.

If you have the HFP rear lip, the typeS length muffler(with the hangers rewelded to fit the EP3 chassis) looks fine. With a stock rear end the typeS muffler sticks too far out the rear and can melt the original rear bumper cover, looks ricey!