PDA

View Full Version : RSX-TYPES Exhaust set-up

04EpNewb
10-10-2010, 02:25 AM
OK i've been searching the forum about this and i pretty much have a clue on how the set-up goes.

Just need help on clearing a few things. If i get

1. OEM type s headers will it bolt right on?
2. Will the Headers bolt to my catalyic converter or do i need to get the type-s cata converter?
3. If the type s headers bolt onto my stock cata converter will the mide pipe bolt on it?

LOL sorry i'm such a newb. anyway i plan on doing this set up OEM type-s header-midpipe-stock ep3 axleback. Please let me know and give your inputs. I dont want to deal with eliminating the Catalyic converter because then i'd have to get extra sensors

AKEP
10-10-2010, 03:52 AM
from what i been reading for about an hour now is no, it wont fit. cat is the same - i think, i might be full of shit though.

rsx-s header = rsx-s mid + stock ep axleback.

what i wanna know is, dcrh, and full rsx-s catback will fit ep3?

civsirmt
10-10-2010, 05:34 AM
if u use the typ-s headeru have to use type-s cat pipe or type-s test pipe. the collector opening is bigger.

talonXracer
10-10-2010, 05:44 AM
You will need to use the Si axleback and EVERYTHING else from the typeS.

MIGEEZY
10-10-2010, 10:16 AM
so if i wanted i could run a krrh, an 05-06 type s midpipe, and my stock axleback with no modifications??

jh604
10-10-2010, 11:58 AM
so if i wanted i could run a krrh, an 05-06 type s midpipe, and my stock axleback with no modifications??

correct

talonXracer
10-10-2010, 12:40 PM
The stock axle back actually flows rather well.

04EpNewb
10-10-2010, 02:08 PM
DAM ok so the only option is Obtaining a TYPE-S racing header? since that eliminates the catalytic converter all i'll need is the type-s mid pipe and it'll go str8 to my axel back.

DAMMIT! i looked up the price for a OEM catalytic converter it's like a grand man.... i was hoping to go all OEM if i get a Racing header and i take it in to a honda dealer for repairs for random things like puttin in brakes/clucth etc... would it matter? will they see that my cata converter is out and not want to repair anytying..

talonXracer
10-10-2010, 02:38 PM
There are options that will allow you to retain a cat. Get a Krusher header(it is a typeS spec header), then a Car-sound/Magna-flow spun cat, typeS midpie and then your axle back.

the carsound ceramic cat was about 65$, the metallic core spun cat was about 105$

The stealership will notice no cat, they probably would not work on it.

04EpNewb
10-11-2010, 07:39 PM
hRmm, If i get the OEM rsx-s Header. Am i able to get another type of cataylic converter that'll go to the Header and to the mid pipe? HELP! lol sorry for the noob questions. It's just that the OEM catalyic converter for the type s is expensive.

RECAP on what set-up i want

OEM type-s HEADER---A cata converter that will fit the type-s----Type-s Midpipe--------Ep OEM axleback

anything i'm not getting? dam only if the header would bolt right onto our cata converter....and so forth converter to mid pipe...

Deadphishy
10-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Maybe you should go to ClubRSX and try to buy this stuff used. As far as using the Type S header, with an aftermarket cat, you will have to have something custom made. You can always get a "test pipe" and have a cat welded into it. A test pipe is a cat deletion pipe, it allows you to use your OEM header and no cat. they cost a little over 100 bucks.

j0000stin
10-12-2010, 10:14 AM
ive tried this and it does not fit. the axle back the hangers are too far back compared to the ep's, the midpipe is bent differently and the headers will bolt up but the cat wont bolt to the header

Deadphishy
10-12-2010, 10:20 AM
ive tried this and it does not fit. the axle back the hangers are too far back compared to the ep's, the midpipe is bent differently and the headers will bolt up but the cat wont bolt to the header

I've seen plenty of EPs with Type S exhausts on them. Like it was said above, the Axle back has to be EP specific.

j0000stin
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
ok, well the way the ep's stock header is bent to connect to the cat is different than the type s i think the type s is bent a little more to the rightit may still fit but i dont think the mid pipe will bolt up you might need to get some work fabbed up

Deadphishy
10-12-2010, 11:14 AM
You have to have all Type S stuff except the axel back. Type S header, Cat, mid-pipe, EP axel back.

epchad
08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
i am running a type s dc raceheader with a borla cat back i just shorten it a little fits great

lemonhead228
08-01-2011, 09:49 PM

So the 05 rsx-s axle back won't fit on our cars? There is no modifications around it?

gamma6
08-01-2011, 10:02 PM
So the 05 rsx-s axle back won't fit on our cars? There is no modifications around it?
why not just use the ep axleback?
its been said before type s header->type s cat->type s midpipe-> ep axle back, i think thats how it works out
i got me a megan type s rh and a ebay type s catback that is gonna be matted to my obx twinloop, i had luck with quality and fitment on my old ebay catback ep specific so went ahead and went for the type s one

lemonhead228
08-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Honestly I think our muffler looks ugly. Lol the 05 rsx-s looks decent like after market if you ask me.

I have the obx v2 wit the adaptor piece for my stock cat back. I just bought my friends 05 rsx-s midpipe and muffler and wanting to put it in.

mp_02si
08-03-2011, 02:48 PM
I ran obx type s spec raceheader with type s mid pipe and ep3 axleback for a long while with no issues. The type s muffler will not fit our cars properly. Its too long.

Canuck Civic
08-03-2011, 08:36 PM
So we're talking about RSX-S OEM axelback because I was going to buy RSX-s aftermarket catback I have an ASP header that is made for RSX I just shortened my greddy mid pipe and want to get the Thermal 3" to replace the evo2, but if the axleback doesn't fit I'll just go custom

lemonhead228
08-03-2011, 11:54 PM
I ran obx type s spec raceheader with type s mid pipe and ep3 axleback for a long while with no issues. The type s muffler will not fit our cars properly. Its too long.

What's to long? The muffler itself or the tip?

mp_02si
08-04-2011, 01:52 PM
The whole muffler itself is longer than the ep3, and yes we are talking about the oem muffler. There have been several members on here try to fit it under our cars including myself only to find out it wont fit.

lemonhead228
08-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Damn that sucks. I guess Ima have to sell it now. Thanks for the heads up

mp_02si
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I was in the same position at one time. I remember reading somewhere Talon wrote that it wouldnt fit but just like everyone else im hardheaded and decided to try it anyway. Thankfully I didnt pay much for the muffler and was able to resale and get my money back plus.

lemonhead228
08-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Yea that kinda made me bum. Well as stated earlier the dc5 midpipe fit ms on the ep exhaust but I'm running a obx v2 rh so would that work out? Is the dc5 midpipe longer?

mp_02si
08-08-2011, 12:09 PM
If you run any ep3 specific header with a dc5 midpipe the midpipe will have to be modified. And same thing with dc5 header and ep3 midpipe. You either run all dc5 from header back to ep3 axleback, or all ep3 straight thru for it to bolt up with no modification.

whatsvtec
10-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Quick question about the Type-S exhaust. Will the Type-S mid-pipe bolt straight up to a ITR/CTR JDM header? Thanks to anyone who can help!

Edit: SORRY! Found my answer. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?65309-Header-exhaust-engine-question....-what-works.&highlight=JDM+header