PDA

View Full Version : Question: thread got locked.

kenscivic
10-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Okay I understand threads need pictures in the f/s section. I put up that I would post pictures next day but had to work extra that week so it took me till the third day. By the time I upload them to photobucket and find my thread, it's closed...

No warning or anything? Not a post saying "pix or lock" Or a pm saying "thread will be re opened when you have pictures" I know I am an asshole but I have sold a few things and bought a few things here and have been here for many o' years. Just figured I would get a warning first.. The mod that did it has not replied to my pm either.

usedep3
10-11-2010, 01:21 PM
I know you've been on the forum for a while. I don't think anyone or you deserve a warning esp if you knowingly disregarded the rules. Don't get me wrong, I've had a mod intervene when I mentioned I wanted to sell something. It's a good thing they did, bc I got lazy and didn't ended up posting them up for sale lol. Rulez iz Rulez

talonXracer
10-11-2010, 01:47 PM
The rules state that for sale posts must have pics included, this has been the rule forever. I was cut no slack and I cut no slack on the rules.

Was the thread deleted entirely or was the content of the thread removed and a explanation included?

shanewdude
10-11-2010, 06:52 PM
A little more than 15,000 members.... I can't remember which ones get special treatment. :shrug:

talonXracer
10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
They all deserve and get special attention :mwink:

Just some get more special attention,,,,, :meek: LOL

ttttrigg3r
10-11-2010, 08:49 PM
15000 members?
good god

Hasbro
10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
It's a good rule. Really dislike for sale sections on other forums without pics. GLWS, Ken.

kenscivic
10-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I dont want special treatment, The rule is in place for a reason so people don't get ripped off and know what they are buying. I have seen tons of threads w/ no pictures in the past 6 years.... ALl I wanted was a PM saying "when you get pix it will be reopened" or a pm back..

ALso, you guys in this thread being jackasses, I have tried never to be a jackass even with the dumbest/rudest people so fuck off.

Passenger
10-12-2010, 11:17 AM
:meek:

smykhaisouk
10-12-2010, 11:54 AM
im dying to see what you have for sale now.

Kerby
10-12-2010, 03:29 PM
GLWS home slice!

It would be hularious as sh!t if this thread got locked too....

so:
http://ui25.gamespot.com/1816/ibtl_2.gif

shanewdude
10-13-2010, 04:01 AM
I dont want special treatment, The rule is in place for a reason so people don't get ripped off and know what they are buying. I have seen tons of threads w/ no pictures in the past 6 years.... ALl I wanted was a PM saying "when you get pix it will be reopened" or a pm back..

ALso, you guys in this thread being jackasses, I have tried never to be a jackass even with the dumbest/rudest people so fuck off.

The rule about pics is not new... it is listed in at least two different spots, in stickied threads. You've been around long enough to know that. You said when you posted your thread you would get pics up the next day. I left it open for more than a day, taking your word for it that it would happen.

I'm sorry you think you should get a pm when you break a very obvious rule, and one you obviously know about, but I'm not going to send a warning pm for every rule infraction on here... I simply don't have time. There's a reason we use stickies and send out announcements about rules. If you have noticed so many threads without pics, then feel free to post them up in the "report problems here" thread.

As far as not getting a response from me about your pm; YOU STARTED THIS THREAD BEFORE I EVEN LOGGED IN TO GET YOUR PM. Relax, dude. It's easy... wanna sell a part? TAKE PICS, then create a fs thread.