PDA

View Full Version : what are the stock camber suspension settings for the ep3???????

abstract
10-11-2010, 04:03 PM
...........?

yes i searched

Zzyzx
10-11-2010, 04:32 PM
What are they? they're crap thats what they are.

Front = 0°00'±45' Aka ~.75 deg camber plus or minus.
Rear = -0°45'±45' AKA ~0 deg camber to -1.5 Deg camber

abstract
10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
good idea to just have it switched around? i think im going to do that...
-1.5 front

what do u recomend the rear to be? 0?...

Zzyzx
10-12-2010, 08:26 AM
What are you setting the car up for? I assume that Dual street and track setup?

If so, aim for -2 deg on the nose at least. and run between -.5 and -1 on the rear depending on what your tires need.

abstract
10-12-2010, 11:47 AM

If so, aim for -2 deg on the nose at least. and run between -.5 and -1 on the rear depending on what your tires need.

i decided on -.75 rear -1.5 front

dont wanna kill my daily tires ... i dont plan on tracking that often

maksym
10-18-2010, 02:05 PM

Do you still run HFP suspension, if I remember correctly? What specs do you have? I remember it was for dd use and occasional autoX, right?

Zzyzx
10-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Do you still run HFP suspension, if I remember correctly? What specs do you have? I remember it was for dd use and occasional autoX, right?

I never ran the HFP setup though it was very simmilar. I have Koni dampers tied in with a set of Eibach springs.
Regardless, when I was using the car for compitition i was running -2.5 deg camber on the nose and -.5 on the rear with 1/32nd toe out on the front with 1/32nd toe in on the rear.

As of now, given the 100% street use the vehicle sees, I dropped the nose camber down to -1.5 deg.

Note: this was with a 15.9mm front anti-roll bar and a 25.4mm rear bar (hotchkiss hollow)

maksym
10-18-2010, 08:12 PM
I never ran the HFP setup though it was very simmilar. I have Koni dampers tied in with a set of Eibach springs.
Regardless, when I was using the car for compitition i was running -2.5 deg camber on the nose and -.5 on the rear with 1/32nd toe out on the front with 1/32nd toe in on the rear.

As of now, given the 100% street use the vehicle sees, I dropped the nose camber down to -1.5 deg.

Note: this was with a 15.9mm front anti-roll bar and a 25.4mm rear bar (hotchkiss hollow)

So for street use (HFP suspension), you wouldnt recommend getting to -1.5 deg camber in the front, unless you have the anti-roll bar?
Cause I am running -.7 deg camber in the front and -1.7 in the rear with 1/32nd toe in on the rear and 1/32nd toe out in the front, but I am gonna need to do allignment again cause I am changing my wheel bearings, but as far as the bars go, its all stock! If I can go up to -1.5 deg camber in the front, how is the tire wear? I never had more than -1 deg camber in the front, so just wondering, I bet it is the same as in the rear (with my -1.7) but I just want to make sure cause it is a front wheel drive car. Do not want to go through tires fast but at the same time want the car to handle decent!
And would it be better to have toe adjusted to "0" in the front and rear with -1.5 deg camber in the front and -1 deg camber in the back, because I want my tires to be tucked in on the back and not stick out (I am running 215/50-16 alll around on 7 inch wide wheel with +40 offset)?

Zzyzx
10-19-2010, 08:52 AM
You wont see any significant wear increase by running -1.5 deg camber on this car. Remember the OEM spec's allow for up to -1.5 on the rear, so we're just putting that allowance where it will do some good. Hell, when I was at -2.5 I didn't see any real increase in wear, just a change in wear pattern on my street tires; I still got 60,000+ miles out of em'.

for toe, the settings I have are there to account for bushing compliance. The drive wheels on a car naturally want to toe in under power, where as the idle wheels will naturally want to toe out. So by setting a bit of toe out on the front and a bit of toe in on the rear you end up with closer to 0 toe front and rear while the car is moving then you'd get if the car was set to 0 toe from the start.

maksym
10-19-2010, 11:22 AM
You wont see any significant wear increase by running -1.5 deg camber on this car. Remember the OEM spec's allow for up to -1.5 on the rear, so we're just putting that allowance where it will do some good. Hell, when I was at -2.5 I didn't see any real increase in wear, just a change in wear pattern on my street tires; I still got 60,000+ miles out of em'.

for toe, the settings I have are there to account for bushing compliance. The drive wheels on a car naturally want to toe in under power, where as the idle wheels will naturally want to toe out. So by setting a bit of toe out on the front and a bit of toe in on the rear you end up with closer to 0 toe front and rear while the car is moving then you'd get if the car was set to 0 toe from the start.

Thank you for the input! Appreciate it!