PDA

View Full Version : Weird Noise...I Need Help!

lvlartin
10-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Okay, so when I start to drive my car I hear a almost screching noise during first gear (not the shifter) sounds like its comming from the front driver side suspension. I hear the noise in second gear for a short amount of time and then it goes away. Just starting hearing this unpleasent noise about two days ago and was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. Stock Ep3, stock suspension as well. 100,000km. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lvlartin
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Also, I dont have to turn the steering wheel to hear this noise, it just makes it when I am starting off from a fully stopped position.

jdm04
10-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Sounds like a syncro problem. Are all your oil levels good?

lvlartin
10-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Yes, checked all fluid level's and they are topped up. So weird. I cant seem to figure it out and I am not in a situation right now to go to Honda and get them to run a diagnostic for 99$.

j0000stin
10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Yes, checked all fluid level's and they are topped up. So weird. I cant seem to figure it out and I am not in a situation right now to go to Honda and get them to run a diagnostic for 99$.

rip off going there. if you say its not coming from your tranny it must be coming from your suspension. at least make sure everything's tightened down. maybe your strut is blown?

Jmage
10-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Does it happend at a said RPM? like 2500 or it has nothing to do with RPM?

Ronnie
10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
rip off going there. if you say its not coming from your tranny it must be coming from your suspension. at least make sure everything's tightened down. maybe your strut is blown?

Thats what i was wondering
-

lvlartin
10-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Has nothing to do with RPM...Noise went away now but for how long?¿?...I have no idea.

codyep3
10-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Check your brake pads. They make a sound when they are past when they need to be replaced

lvlartin
10-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Check your brake pads. They make a sound when they are past when they need to be replaced

That would make sense considering it only happens when I have come to a complete stop. For instance if I downshift into second and run a stop sign I dont hear the noise. But if I were to stop fully, and then start up the noise would start as well lol. Thanks for everyone's help, I am going to have a look see tommorow.

robzilla
10-13-2010, 12:35 AM
My brakes were making some screeching sounds, I replaced all the pads and greased the backs of the pads and sliders with break pad grease. You may want to take the caliper off and check both pads and grease the sliders. Just peeking at them sometimes can be deceiving its best to pull the pads out and check them.

When was the last time your breaks were done? I got 100,000 miles out of my stock breaks before changing the pads.

OhMyGodROB
10-17-2010, 09:02 PM
looks like its the pilot bearing. that screeching sound will only get worse from now on. you'll notice it only happens when the clutch engages wit the flywheel. basically the higher the RPM when engaging the louder and longer the sound makes because the bearing is bad. kinda like when you have a bad wheel bearing. try it out man...eventually it'll screech and all gears:( Well the good thing is it comes in kit with a new clutch and pressure plate so if you havent changed your clutch this is the perfect time. let me know what happens.