PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Dream saying hey :)

EP3 Dream
10-13-2010, 08:08 AM
hey guys, thought id make it official and introduce myself. EP3 Dream is what you can call me by, i rather you dont say "dream" since thats a little sissy-ish by itself lol why dream? because i drove a 08 honda fit sport, and i came across an EP3, i thought it was a modified fit but oh no, its better >:] i researched it a bit (youtube xD) and i fell in love with it, ever since then, its been my dream and goal to own an ep3, i can see myself driving that for 10 years :) currently im driving an 05 crv -.- at least its still vtec lol love honda for that. i also drove a 07 honda pilot, as you can figure, im a big honda guy :P lol ive given thought about an acura integra gsr, but its just too "race", i like a little class too lol ep3 is my dream car :) in which i should drive in a few months... hopefully O.o sorry for the lenghty intro lol

thought id get a head start and join a forum now and learn the ep3 :)

FoReVaPmP
10-13-2010, 08:19 AM
:welcome:

EP3 Dream
10-13-2010, 08:31 AM
thank you :)

username011
10-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Welcome and sorry to dissapoint you but the 02-05 SI's DO NOT have true VTEC, infact the K20A3 that comes in the EP3 is the weakest K20 motor Honda makes.

PartyPooper
10-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Welcome and sorry to dissapoint you but the 02-05 SI's DO NOT have true VTEC, infact the K20A3 that comes in the EP3 is the weakest K20 motor Honda makes.

yes the vtec....yes that is heartbreaking... but swaps are so easy to do on ep3s.... the better k20a2 literally just slides in.... k24 ehh easy too.... modifying the current ep3 engine isn't bad either.... however it has low limited power NA... overall i am very happy and love my ep3... love the way it feels, sounds, responds, tells u what is wrong, and it is a HONDA!!!

ImportCustomx
10-13-2010, 11:14 AM
yes the vtec....yes that is heartbreaking... but swaps are so easy to do on ep3s.... the better k20a2 literally just slides in.... k24 ehh easy too.... modifying the current ep3 engine isn't bad either.... however it has low limited power NA... overall i am very happy and love my ep3... love the way it feels, sounds, responds, tells u what is wrong, and it is a HONDA!!!

sigh...im tired of everyone saying its not real vtec. All i am going to say is, dear OP take everything with a grain of salt on the forums. EP is a great car.

Welcome. And im a honda whore myself. or according to attacks from the keyboard commando's...a fan boy.

EP3 Dream
10-13-2010, 02:31 PM
lol i know its not a true vtec, its more for emisions, but ive been having thoughts about doing a swap, despite that ive never done a swap, and im worried about the million things that can go wrong :\ im kinda car smart, but not enough to swap a k20 lol ive been told if i want to swap it, i should do the s2000 engine? and trust me, it will take a shitload to convince not to go with ep3, for almost 3 years, my friends have been trying to convince me to get a different car, a jetta, integra, hooked up neon (eww) crx, lol nah, im stuck on ep3 :)

Passenger
10-13-2010, 04:19 PM
..hardly any one on here ever mods it highly enough to reach the a3's limit anyway
nevertheless, welcome and good luck on your ep hunt.

Passenger
10-13-2010, 04:20 PM
and trust me, it will take a shitload to convince not to go with ep3, for almost 3 years, my friends have been trying to convince me to get a different car, a jetta, integra, hooked up neon (eww) crx, lol nah, im stuck on ep3 :)

get new friends

EP3 Dream
10-13-2010, 05:07 PM
get new friends

lol nah, they just dont appreciate the classyness of the ep3 ;) and im not trying to make it super fast, just id rather put in the best, and should i ever need all that power, it will be there, instead of going "damn i should have put in a k20 swap -.- " lol

j0000stin
10-13-2010, 05:26 PM
welcome! help bring this site back to life! haha i see the same 15 peole post everyday

MBaG
10-13-2010, 06:50 PM
lol i know its not a true vtec, its more for emisions, but ive been having thoughts about doing a swap, despite that ive never done a swap, and im worried about the million things that can go wrong :\ im kinda car smart, but not enough to swap a k20 lol ive been told if i want to swap it, i should do the s2000 engine? and trust me, it will take a shitload to convince not to go with ep3, for almost 3 years, my friends have been trying to convince me to get a different car, a jetta, integra, hooked up neon (eww) crx, lol nah, im stuck on ep3 :)

s2000 engine into an ep3? you would have to modify just about everything, since the ep3 is a fwd drive, and the f20 is rwd; which equals tons of $$$.

shanewdude
10-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the 'hatch, dude! You've come to the right place.

username011
10-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Want my car recomondation? Subaru WRX, You're gonna get a Subaru anyway after the EP, everyone does.

I mean, I love my EP, I really do. but its such a money pit.. its so slow so you'll be spending money on making it faster...than you'll think your ep is hideous when you see other ep's that are dropped/have type-r bumpers/ body kits..headlights/tails..

If your bank account is baller status..go for the EP...everything for the EP is super expensive.. a type-r bumper is like 1500 bones alone.

Passenger
10-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Want my car recomondation? Subaru WRX, You're gonna get a Subaru anyway after the EP, everyone does.

I mean, I love my EP, I really do. but its such a money pit.. its so slow so you'll be spending money on making it faster...than you'll think your ep is hideous when you see other ep's that are dropped/have type-r bumpers/ body kits..headlights/tails..

If your bank account is baller status..go for the EP...everything for the EP is super expensive.. a type-r bumper is like 1500 bones alone.

I.. I don't even know where to start on this.:twitch:

J Mo
10-13-2010, 08:07 PM

nope, not me -- im getting a Mazdaspeed 3 after the EP -- but thats after 7 years when my little bro gets his driver's license :mbiggrin:

anyway, im part of the bone stock EP owner's club, and as much as i yearn erryday for a supercharger setup, i still love my EP as much as I loved it from day 1 i got it

some acquaintances of mine hate on the A3, or the EP in general, but there's something about being the underdog that makes me want to keep the car more -- i can proudly say that i drive a unique Si -- unable to be mimicked by lower trims during its generation (USDM anyway)

totommo
10-14-2010, 12:34 AM

tell him to be quiet.. lol! jk :D but yeah. i'd rather get an evo over a subi.

anyways.. WELCOME!! :D i have a stock ep3 with some coilovers and i love it! i believe once you do get your car you will be very satisfied :)

kai-wun
10-14-2010, 09:30 AM

I wanna get an Evo, not a Subie.

But that's after I'm done with my EP (k20z3 swap - moar revs, true vtec, 6psd, lsd), a shiny stone for the lady, enough downpayment to avoid mortgage insurance, and and and ... a buncha other things.

But yes, Evo in Rally Red would be my next car, if I ever really needed 4 doors.

j0000stin
10-14-2010, 10:37 AM

+1

body kits are ghey, youll be wasting more money on gas and insurance on a wrx compared to an ep and k24a1 swap+ boost in my old ep was better than any wrx ive briven haha

j0000stin
10-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I wanna get an Evo, not a Subie.

But that's after I'm done with my EP (k20z3 swap - moar revs, true vtec, 6psd, lsd), a shiny stone for the lady, enough downpayment to avoid mortgage insurance, and and and ... a buncha other things.

But yes, Evo in Rally Red would be my next car, if I ever really needed 4 doors.

the z3 tranny comes with lsd not the motor :tehehyper:

username011
10-14-2010, 11:03 AM
+1

body kits are ghey, youll be wasting more money on gas and insurance on a wrx compared to an ep and k24a1 swap+ boost in my old ep was better than any wrx ive briven haha

So.. Moonsi and pretty much every OG member has an ghey body kit? Okay..

Anyway, Im just basing what I said on my experience being here and seeing loads of people posting threads about how they wrecked/sold their ep and got an Subaru, it is definetly the number 1 car people on this site switch over too. if you dont believe me..just go threw the threads and you'll see.

EP3 Dream
10-14-2010, 11:27 AM
wow my thread got high jacked lmao not going to change my car lol if im desperate (as in need a car if crv is trashed) then maybe. but wow, no s2000 engine then, now u can gauge my car smart xDD i still got alota research to do before a swap, but i got plenty time before i swap, and plenty of wallet room to fill O.o lol i love the ep3 because its unique, u almost NEVER see an ep3, its a one of kind baby :) engine wise, just a fujita SRI and some sort of exhaust system maybe and ill never touch the engine again until its swapped. ill be modding more the looks/interior than the mechanics of it. i shuld warn u all, im a big "lights" guy };)

n im a fuequent poster... if i know what im talking about xD so now u have 16 same posters everyday :)

wow i typed all that on a touchscreen celly O.O

ImportCustomx
10-14-2010, 01:09 PM
i think everyone will enjoy my t-shirt...ill link everyone. ill take pictures tomorrow of it.

DCRaabe
10-14-2010, 06:25 PM
im kinda car smart, but not enough to swap a k20 lol ive been told if i want to swap it, i should do the s2000 engine?

wait..what?

MajorJones
10-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Welcome! I'm a big EP fan too. i went from a pretty modded 2006 Subaru STI to the EP. The STI pretty much had everything but a bigger turbo, fastest car i ever drove/had. I miss the subby a bunch without a doubt but it had a death grip on my wallet so i sold her and got a more "affordable" car. No lie the EP is still sucking the money out of my pocket but what can you expect when your hobby is modding cars lol anyways hope you get your dream ep3 and welcome again :)

heyvortek
10-15-2010, 10:57 AM
welcomes to the site. EP3 is expensive but that keeps all the ricers away. i like it :)

Goose
10-15-2010, 01:29 PM
welcome to the site. once you get an ep, and you keep it clean.. you'll love it.