PDA

View Full Version : 02 si will not start

K20wagon
10-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Ok I need some opinions from you guys. I have a 02 si with 120k miles and it will not crank, it will turn over but not crank. It was running fine yesterday and everything stopped at the house for 3 mins went back outside and it would not crank. I have checked alot of things. Battery and everything is good. The coil packs and plugs are good. I took them out to check if they are getting fire and they do. Went to check the cylinders cause been trying to crank it for a while and there is no gas in the cylinders so I am not getting fuel. The fuel pump is kicking in cause you can hear it. Would it be the fuel filter.

I went out today and ordered the fuel filter. Alot of people was trying to give me the cylinder filter but we have the filter on the fuel pump assembly and its called a fuel filter strainer. I finally went to advanced auto and they had one and it comes in tomorrow so I will put that in and see if it works. Do you guys think that the filter is clogged causing no fuel to come thru or could it be that the fuel pump is coming on but not sending anything. Or possibly the injectors.

K20wagon
10-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Bumpage.

K20wagon
10-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Bump

K20wagon
10-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Nobody?

K20wagon
10-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Ok so some more work has been done well first to see if the pump and filter is good I took off the top hose off the filter/pump and turn the key and gas came out so that is good. Next I unclipped the hose that goes to the fuel rail and turn the key and gas came out into the bottle I had so the lines are good. Still not sure how its not getting to the cylinders. It maybe but I still dont see any in there. I know there is not suppose to be much be in there but after a while it will get up there and still nothing. Maybe my injectors have went bad but still dont see how they would all go out at the same time. Anybody have any ideas on why this is happening.

The only check engine light I have is for the secondary o2 sensor and one for the vtc phase gap which has been there for a while. The car has been running great I never run her hard. The only time I have run here is racing my buddy in his stock fg2 and we was side by side till 130 and we stopped. The only mods I have is sri, dc race header and apexi noir exhaust. I have checked my timing and it is right on time.

Anybody help me?

K20wagon
10-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Problem solved.

McTaggart34
10-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Glad i could help

Deadphishy
10-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Problem solved.

Sorry i wasn't around to try and help. Can you let us know what the problem was?

K20wagon
10-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Sorry i wasn't around to try and help. Can you let us know what the problem was?

Ya I am really not sure what fixed it because it just cranked up out of the blue. It confused the hell out of me. But the last things that I did was check the timing so I took of the valve cover and rotated the crank and the timing was right on the money. The next thing I did was check all the fuses and they was all good. The next thing we did was this dunno if it worked but I took of the intake and held my hand over the throttle body so no air can get into it. We tried to crank it and then I took my hand of alittle so air can get into it and it just cranked up.

Deadphishy
10-17-2010, 02:36 PM
I wonder if it was just water in the gas line.
Glad to here its going.

K20wagon
10-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I wonder if it was just water in the gas line.
Glad to here its going.

Ya i was kinda thinking bout that to since right before it happened I went and filled her up.

Goose
10-17-2010, 09:15 PM
i got an 02 si with about the same amount of mileage. i'm glad to hear it's working as well bro.

K20wagon
10-17-2010, 11:45 PM
i got an 02 si with about the same amount of mileage. i'm glad to hear it's working as well bro.

Ya man I have had her since she was at 36k and now having 120k and have never had a problem out of her till now but I guess it was something small like water in the gas or a relay circuited out for a second not letting the car crank but she runs great just like the day I bought her.